Senior Transportation Program Analyst
Allegheny Science & Technology (AST) is currently seeking a Senior Transportation Program Analyst to provide technical and programmatic support to a federal client agency. The ideal candidate is a confident, proactive, and demonstrated problem-solver and multi-tasker, with proven effective communication skills for collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders; and experienced in supporting sustainable transportation-related research and deployment programs.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Support and/or coordinate client initiatives regarding sustainable transportation programs including advanced batteries and supply chain resilience; electric vehicles and charging infrastructure; and advanced fuels and biofuels.
- Research, draft, coordinate, and/or review technical reports, responses to Congressional inquiries or requirements, strategic plans, white papers, policy language, briefing materials, and related products as assigned.
- Support leadership team in planning, developing, and executing program research priorities.
- Support program-specific financial reporting system management.
- Monitor, update, and summarize program and project progress and status.
- Actively monitor program results against expected deliverable and critical path items.
- Support and administer project merit review program including annual meeting preparations, identification of subject matter expert reviewers, application of evaluative methodology and assessment rankings, and development of annual merit review summary report of program research portfolios.
- Support implementation and evaluation of program research priorities, as well as funding opportunities and recipient awards.
- Support and coordinate sustainable transportation research collaborations, consortia, and stakeholder group efforts.
- Support outreach to a wide variety of government and industry stakeholders as needed, including correspondence, meeting facilitation, and participation at relevant conferences, workshops, or meetings as approved. Develop associated program outreach materials such as technology briefings, program research synopses, and case studies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, advanced degree preferred (Engineering, Science, or related field)
- 10+ years of experience
- U.S. Citizen
- Experience in broad range of advanced vehicle fuels and technologies research and deployment.
- Experience with transportation research program management.
- Experience in government/industry collaborative programs
- Experience with federal research program merit review programs.
- Experience working with senior/executive-level staff
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent and proactive communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to clearly articulate an issue, technical approaches, and expected impacts.
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexibility in adapting to shifting client priorities and urgent requests
- Organized, reliable, detail oriented, proactive, and confident
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification