Allegheny Science & Technology (AST) is seeking a Technical Writer/Editor to support an DoD/IC customer by applying strong organizational, communication and support skills working within the communications and administrative management specialty with an emphasis on planning, organizing and controlling multiple efforts comprising related projects, documents and packets in support of the government program manager in a complex intelligence community collection activity.
- Includes, but not limited to, reviewing and analyzing program documents and packets, providing input into formatting options, documenting communication decisions and developing briefings and other material necessary in support of the organization.
- The individual is expected to have extensive ability to clearly present information; read and interpret information; interact with customers, partners, colleagues and senior management; listen well; and resolve issues identified by stakeholders.
- The individual shall support the Government Program Manager with all tasks needed to make decisions about the execution of program resources, planning and implementation.
- Ensure consistency of expression, logical organization and development, readability, appropriate formatting and conformity of grammar and style to customer standards.
- Responsible for editing various documents to include incoming and outgoing letters, internal and external memoranda, policy documents, civilian awards, military evaluations and awards, briefings fact sheets, letters of instruction and Congressional notification.
- Compose responses to internal and external taskings, talking points, official letters, memos and replies to various communications.
- Receive, track and monitor organizational tasking actions.
- Assist with maintaining the Office’s websites to include SharePoint.
- Maintain administrative records and files.
- Develop and maintain knowledge on current Department of Defense and internal organizational regulations and established procedures and serve as the advisor on preparation of all types of correspondence.
- Develop, update and maintain necessary process documentation.
- Work with the customer and the team to resolve issues rapidly.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree.
- An Active Top Secret Clearance is Required. Must be SCI eligible and eligible for a CI Poly.
- Must have at least 2 years’ work experience writing and editing documents.
- Must be proactive individual with an innate ability to work and execute with limited guidance.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, conflict resolution techniques and proven ability to perform under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Solid writing and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple efforts to create timely, high quality deliverables.
- Ability to work within a diverse group of stakeholders to accomplish mission goals.
- Direct and current knowledge of the mission, structure and key intelligence programs of the Intelligence Community.
- Master's degree in a technical discipline is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the IC, LEC, HS, or DoD communities.