Renewable Energy Systems Engineer
Allegheny Science & Technology (AST) is seeking an Alternative Energy Systems Engineer to provide engineering evaluation and planning support for successful DOD energy project execution and communicating technical information and insight to colleagues and clients within a collaborative, working team environment while leading technical support activities as part of project site visits.
This position requires a project engineer for supporting a portfolio of large-scale (> 10MW) DOD alternative energy projects such as gas turbines or reciprocating engines. The position will assist in the assessment of energy infrastructure, loads, critical systems, and energy resilience needs, identify and plan technical solutions, and validate technical solutions planned by others. The position will serve as a primary engineer on multiple projects and provide comprehensive technical input for meeting requirements and advancing projects through development milestones. The position will require providing technical advice on how to best pursue projects to improve their quality and chances of success and to support clients. Additional position requirements include:
- Conducting and/or validating technical planning for client infrastructure projects.
- Working as a collaborative and collegial member of a multi-disciplinary team. Provide expertise to colleagues when sought and seek others’ input when needed.
- Communicating effectively in verbal, written and visual media to colleagues and clients.
- Contributing to planning of and implementing installation visits.
- Participating in site visits at project locations as the lead technical contributor for the team.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Must have a BA/BS degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Must have a secret security clearance.
- Perform engineering, technical, and managerial direction energy problem definition, requirements identification, analysis, and implementation of energy system solutions.
- Must have experience self-driving complex projects independently and on larger project teams involving engineering and analytical studies while working in a team-oriented environment.
- Provides technical and engineering expertise for evaluation and implementation of alternative energy projects involving natural gas and/or combined heat and power (CHP) systems.
- Provides recommendations for energy system development, modifications, optimizations, and improvements.
- Conducts or manages energy modeling or simulation activities for assessing system performance.
- Develops and delivers scheduled and ad hoc project updates and key decision briefs.
- Ability to travel to work sites up to 25% of the time.
- MA/MS degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Prior technical support experience with DOD agencies and military installations.
- PE - Professional engineer certification.