Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist
Alkahest is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting neurovascular and age-related diseases with transformative therapies derived from a deep understanding of the plasma proteome in aging and disease. Our approach utilizes in vivo, in vitro, proteomic, bioinformatic and molecular techniques to identify novel therapeutics.
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven Senior Research Associate who will be key in advancing our preclinical drug development and scientific initiatives. Alkahest’s therapeutic focus is on neurovascular and age-related diseases, including cognition and disorders of the nervous system and ophthalmology. The Senior Research Associate will be responsible for executing in vivo experiments and novel assays including behavioral, histological, and biochemical endpoints. This role requires close collaboration, training, and mentorship of junior research associates and will be managed by a senior scientist on the CNS team. This is an excellent opportunity for a PhD candidate looking to transition into industry or a Research Associate looking to advance their career. Depending on the level of experience, the candidate would be encouraged to lead their projects by designing, executing, analyzing and presenting data both internally and at conferences. This role requires dedication, flexibility, troubleshooting, excellent communication, organization, and will interact with a multidisciplinary team to drive multiple projects in parallel.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial, and fun. Alkahest, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, executing, and analyzing rodent in vivo experiments
- Administering test agents to mice via multiple routes (IV, PO, IP, SC)
- Optimizing and performing behavioral assays
- Performing histology, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, and image analysis
- Molecular and biochemical analysis of tissues (i.e. RT-qPCR, Western blot, ELISA)
- Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature
- Investigating and developing new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Contributing to writing scientific reports and presenting findings at team meetings
- BS/MS degree with 6-8 years of relevant experience or PhD with 0-1 year of relevant experience in biomedical research, physiology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or neuroscience.
- Experience with mouse handling and dosing is necessary
- Experience with rodent behavior and cognitive assays is strongly preferred
- Experience with immunohistochemistry and microscopy is necessary
- Experience with confocal microscopy and image analysis is an advantage
- Experience with other biochemical and/or molecular techniques is an advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, troubleshoot autonomously and work in a fast-paced environment