Computational Biologist (Genomics / Proteomics)
Uniquely positioned to enhance quality of life in aging, at Alkahest, we are pioneering science that is rapidly being translated to the clinic. Our approaches utilize in vivo, in vitro, proteomic, and molecular techniques to identify new therapeutics and apply them to patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated Computational Genomics/Proteomics Bilogist. The role will be to lead, advise and assist in the data analysis, interpretation and integration of large scale transcriptomic and proteomic data. These studies will involve cutting edge science and the efforts of this role will be pivotal in advancing our therapeutic capabilities. The role requires dedication, flexibility, excellent communication and organization to successfully drive the science and achieve Alkahest’s corporate mission. This position reports to the Senior Director Informatics.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, annual bonus potential, stock options, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial and lots of fun.
- Serve as one of the primary contact points between preclinical research biology and informatics at Alkahest
- Work closely with transcriptomics and proteomics biologists and provide advice and mentorship as needed
- Identify and develop optimal algorithms and workflows to analyze large scale transcriptomic and other omics datasets
- Define and perform integrative analysis of Alkahest data sets including large biomarker experiments as well as in vivo or in vitro experiments
- Identify and integrate relevant external datasets to aid in the analysis and interpretation of internal data
- Ensure completeness, correctness and integrity of analyses and datasets
- Engage external resources to apply cutting edge methodologies and ensure recognition in the scientific community including publications
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- PhD. in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, or related field
- Significant experience (4+ years) analyzing and modeling high dimensional biological data
- Experience in the analysis and interpretation of RNA seq or proteomics data. Experience with single cell RNA-seq or mass spectrometry data is a plus
- Solid statistical background and programming skills in R. Demonstrated experience with ggplot and bioconductor packages
- Programming/scripting experience in languages such as C++, Scala, Python. Experience with visualization tools such as matplotlib, seaborn, D3 or bokeh is a plus
- Experience with toolkits such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, e1071 or CARET
- Demonstrated, deep knowledge of bioinformatics principles, tools, and databases
- Highest team spirit and at the same time ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Creative problem solving with the ability to think outside-of-the-box. Willing to take on exploratory novel methods
- Research experience in neuroscience or aging is a plus
- Comfortable working in a multi-tasked, fast-paced startup environment