Research Associate - Proteomics
Uniquely positioned to enhance quality of life in aging, at Alkahest, we are pioneering science that is rapidly being translated to the clinic. Our approaches utilize in vivo, in vitro, proteomic, and molecular techniques to identify new therapeutics and apply them to patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate who will help advancing our preclinical scientific activities in the area of identifying and characterizing proteins associated with aging and disease. The role will primarily support sample preparation for proteomic analysis by state-of-the-art technologies including mass spectrometry and immunoassays. Studies performed will involve cutting edge science and require innovative concepts and strategies. The position is an excellent opportunity to engage in and learn a range of techniques in a dynamic environment and rapidly progress the company’s scientific activities.
This role requires dedication to drive science, ability to multitask, excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and research associates in a fast-paced environment.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, annual bonus potential, stock options, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial and lots of fun.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing samples (from biofluids, cells and tissues) using methods such as protein precipitation, protein digestion, and in-gel digestion of protein.
- Working with and characterizing clinical samples.
- Executing biochemical assays as BCA, SDS-PAGE, western blot, ELISA, etc
- Utilizing laboratory automation instrumentation to execute proteomic workflows
- Preparing and maintaining laboratory reagents and ordering supplies as needed
- Maintaining laboratory records, and compliance with safety and biohazard guidelines
- Interfacing on a regular basis with scientific staff to coordinate, execute and present experimental work.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to chemistry, biochemistry or biology
- 0-2 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong time management and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with protein gel electrophoresis and ELISA is preferred
- Experience with mass spectrometry and chromatography is a plus