Uniquely positioned to enhance quality of life in aging, at Alkahest, we are pioneering science that is rapidly being translated to the clinic. Our approaches utilize in vivo, in vitro, proteomic, and molecular techniques to identify new therapeutics and apply them to patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated Biostatistician. The role will be to lead, advise and assist in the data analysis aspects of the setup, evaluation, and interpretation of large scale proteomics/biomarker studies and other biological studies in a clinical and pre-clinical capacity.
These studies will involve cutting edge science and the efforts of this role will be pivotal in advancing our therapeutic capabilities. The role requires dedication, flexibility, excellent communication and organization to successfully drive the science and achieve Alkahest’s corporate mission. This position reports to the Senior Director Informatics.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, annual bonus potential, stock options, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial and lots of fun.
- Serve as the clinical biostatistics lead for Alkahest and provide advice and mentorship as needed
- Aid in the experimental design of clinical studies to ensure an informed choice is made when balancing resource allocation and result expectations
- Define and perform the statistical analyses of exploratory endpoints in Alkahest’s clinical studies
- Identify and develop cutting edge statistical techniques to analyze large scale proteomics and other omics datasets
- Assist Alkahest clinical and research teams in the interpretation of analyzed data
- Closely work with pre-clinical biostatistics to ensure seamless translation of methodology
- Develop predictive capabilities for Alkahest’s scientific areas of focus, using the appropriate statistical and machine learning methodologies
- Ensure completeness, correctness and integrity of analyses and datasets
- Engage external resources to apply cutting edge methodologies and ensure recognition in the scientific community including publications
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- PhD. in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field
- Significant experience (4+ years) working with clinical study data and developing statistical analysis plans.
- Statistical programming skills in SAS and R
- Experience with multiple types of large scale omics data desired
- Strong team spirit but also the ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Creative problem solving with the ability to think outside-of-the-box
- Programming/scripting experience in languages such as Python or Perl is a plus
- Experience with Graphpad Prism is a plus
- Experience supporting nueroscience or aging research a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite