Research Associate - in vivo
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven Research Associate who will be key in advancing our preclinical drug development and scientific initiatives. Alkahest’s therapeutic focus is on indications impacted by aging, including cognition and disorders of the nervous system.
You will use in vivo studies to assess aging mechanisms through rodent behavioral, histological, physiological and biochemical techniques. As a member of Alkahest’s Preclinical Research team, you will directly assist in advancing our therapeutic understandings, which will involve validating and implementing methodologies in the lab to support our therapeutic pipeline.
This role requires dedication, flexibility, excellent communication, organization, and will interact with a multidisciplinary team of Preclinical Scientists and Research Associates to drive multiple projects in parallel. This position reports to a Scientist, Neuroscience Discovery.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial, and fun.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, executing, and analyzing rodent behavioral experiments
- Administering test agents to rodents via multiple routes (IV, PO, IP, SC)
- Performing histology, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, and image analysis
- Molecular and biochemical analysis of tissues (i.e. RT-qPCR, Western blot, ELISA)
- Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature
- Investigating and developing new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Contributing to writing scientific reports
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- BS/MS degree from an accredited college/university in a field related to neuroscience, ophthalmology, cell and molecular biology, physiology, pathology, or biochemistry.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively advancing industry and/or academic lab experience
- Experience in rodent handling and dosing is necessaryExperience with general tissue processing, including immunohistochemistry and microscopy is necessary
- Experience with stereotaxic surgery and electrophysiology is advantageous
- Experience with spatial and cognitive behavioral testing is advantageous
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with strong communication skills
Apply today! We'd love to meet you.