Computational Biologist (Genomics / Proteomics)
We are seeking a highly motivated Computational Genomics/Proteomics Biologist. The role will be to lead, advise and assist in the data analysis, interpretation and integration of large scale transcriptomic and proteomic data. These studies will involve cutting edge science and the efforts of this role will be pivotal in advancing our therapeutic capabilities. The role requires dedication, flexibility, excellent communication and organization to successfully drive the science and achieve Alkahest’s corporate mission. This position reports to the Director of Data Science.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, annual bonus potential, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial and lots of fun.
- Serve as one of the primary contact points between preclinical research biology and Data Science at Alkahest
- Work closely with transcriptomics and proteomics biologists and provide advice and mentorship as needed
- Identify and develop optimal algorithms and workflows to analyze large scale omics datasets, separately and integratively.
- Identify and integrate relevant external datasets to aid in the analysis and interpretation of internal data
- Define and perform integrative analysis of other Alkahest data sets including large biomarker experiments as well as in vivo or in vitro experiments
- Ensure completeness, correctness and integrity of analyses and datasets
- Engage external resources to apply cutting edge methodologies and ensure recognition in the scientific community, including publications
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science or related field applied to biological data.
- Proven track record with publications, demonstrating mastery of both computational analysis and biology.
- Significant experience (4+ years) in analyzing and modeling high dimensional biological data.
- Willing to take on exploratory novel methods. Creative problem solving with the ability to think outside-of-the-box.
- Solid expertise in statistics and modeling, including but not limited to linear and non-linear modeling, multivariate analysis, network analysis, machine learning, and algorithm development.
- Experience with time-series is a plus
- Strong experience in the analysis and interpretation of RNA seq (bulk / single cell) or proteomics data.
- Research experience in neuroscience or aging is a plus
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of system biology principles, tools, and databases
- Solid programming skills in R or python
- Collaborative team spirit and the ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a multi-tasked, fast-paced startup environment
Apply Today. We'd love to hear from you.