Preclinical Research Associate – Neuroscience Discovery
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven Research Associate who will be key in advancing our preclinical drug development scientific initiatives. Alkahest’s therapeutic focus is on indications impacted by aging, including vision and disorders of the nervous system.
You will use in vivo studies to assess disease and drug mechanisms through histological, biochemical, and functional assays. As a member of Alkahest’s research team this position will directly assist in advancing our therapeutic understandings, which will involve validating and implementing methodologies in the lab to support our therapeutic pipeline.
This role requires dedication, flexibility, excellent communication, and organization, and will interact with a multidisciplinary team of Scientists and Research Associates to drive multiple projects in parallel in the advancement of therapeutic targets. This position reports to a Scientist, Translational Science.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, annual bonus potential, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial and lots of fun.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, executing, and analyzing rodent in vivo experiments
- Administering test agents to rodents via multiple routes (IV, PO, IP, SC)
- Flow cytometric and molecular analysis of CNS tissues
- Performing histology, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, and image analysis
- Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature
- Investigating and developing new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Contributing to writing scientific reports
- BS/MS degree from an accredited college/university in a field related to ophthalmology, immunology, neuroscience or cell and molecular biology
- 2+ years of progressively advancing industry and/or academic lab experience
- Rodent handling and dosing experience is required
- Proficiency in flow cytometry, western blots and ELISAs is necessary
- Experience with CNS and ocular tissue handling and processing, including immunohistochemistry and microscopy is preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively and strong communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Apply today! We'd love to meet you.