Preclinical Research Associate – Neuroscience Discovery
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven Research Associate who will be key in advancing our preclinical drug development scientific initiatives. Alkahest’s therapeutic focus is on indications impacted by aging, including vision and disorders of the nervous system.
You will use in vivo studies to assess aging mechanisms through rodent behavioral, histological and biochemical techniques. As a member of Alkahest’s Preclinical Research team, this position will directly assist in advancing our therapeutic understandings, which will involve validating and implementing methodologies in the lab to support our therapeutic pipeline.
This role requires dedication, flexibility, excellent communication and organization, and will interact with a multidisciplinary team of Preclinical Scientists and Research Associates to drive multiple projects in parallel in the advancement of early stage therapeutic targets. This position reports to a Scientist, Neuroscience Discovery.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, stock options, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial and lots of fun.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, executing, and analyzing rodent in vivo experiments
- Administering test agents to rodents via multiple routes (IV, PO, IP, SC)
- Performing histology, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, and image analysis
- Molecular and biochemical analysis of tissues (i.e. RT-qPCR, Western blot, ELISA)
- Analysis by flow cytometry of cells from various tissues
- Optimizing and performing behavioral assays
- Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature
- Investigating and developing new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Contributing to writing scientific reports
- BS/MS degree from an accredited college/university in a field related to neuroscience, ophthalmology, cell and molecular biology, physiology, pathology, or biochemistry.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively advancing industry and/or academic lab experience
- Experience in rodent handling and dosing is necessary
- Experience with general tissue processing, including immunohistochemistry and microscopy is necessary
- Experience with eye dissections and histology is preferred
- Experience with flow cytometry and associated analytics is an advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively and strong communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Apply today! We'd love to meet you.