Product Marketing Manager
This position has direct ownership for the design and development of key elements of the treatment planning software product portfolio, and leads customer-driven product development efforts. Candidate will be responsible for creating and transforming marketing or business requirements into impactful product features and services, and overseeing and managing the development and delivery into the marketplace. In-market feature performance, post-launch improvements, future product enhancements and new product ideation are also areas of focus for this position. Particular areas of focus for this position are:
- Treatment planning applications for doctors
- Software applications to support ALGN operations, doctor workflows and services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a deep understanding of customers (Orthodontists, Dentists, office staff, orthodontic labs, distributors, etc.) through primary and secondary research, market visits and close sales relationships. Identify customer needs and opportunities. Incorporate this understanding into customer requirements that are consistent with the long term customer experience and portfolio vision. Communicate and leverage this knowledge with cross-functional teams to assure understanding and buy-in.
- Build business cases which encompass multi-year revenue projections, COGS estimates, market objectives, and strategic objectives (as relevant). Lead cross-functional team members to develop, socialize, and create buy-in of the business justification and solutions that will address the customer needs and opportunities.
- Develop marketing requirements that define viable and impactful user interface and customer facing business process requirements that support the product and service needs of the customer base.
- Lead cross-functional teams in creating detailed product requirements and use cases, as well as user experience requirements to ensure customer needs are met. Understand and work to contain cost and timing impacts.
- Lead cross-functional teams (clinical, manufacturing, finance, etc.) to ensure that requirements are captured to enable the organization to adequately support the order to ship process.
- Work closely with cross functional teams within the organization – including R&D, IT, clinical, and manufacturing to drive product requirements through design, development, testing and launch.
- Lead the validation and improvement of product requirements through user experience reviews, user acceptance testing, pilot management, and other research as appropriate. Validate that the product going to market is meeting the requirements, can be supported throughout the order to ship process, and is expected to achieve the anticipated impact.
- Work closely with cross functional teams and marketing partners on the commercialization of product launches. Work with Professional Education, clinical, legal/regulatory, customer marketing, customer care, and sales teams to deliver best-in-class product improvement launches.
- Lead the development and improvement of best practices as related to the Product Management role and Global Innovation Team.
- For assigned products features: develop and monitor on-going health, adoption metrics, feature usage, and other relevant metrics; collect internal and external feedback; investigate, prioritize, and implement improvements and enhancements to maintain and/or increase benefits of product; work with international counterparts to determine international product development / release plans; determine product phase-out plans as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of the dental/ortho practice environment including clinical techniques, workflows and interactions.
- Requires proven track record of setting product and feature introduction plans including realistic milestones, dates and expected results as well as delivering results according to the plans
- Requires experience in identifying user needs and requirements for software user interface and business process needs
- Requires strong track-record in leadership of teams and projects – including formulation of strategic and tactical plans
- Ability and desire to work on both a strategic and tactical level with attention to detail a must.
- Requires a self-starter, able to work in a fast pace environment with the ability to manage and deliver multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and organization skills a must.
- Ability to work well in a team (marketing and cross-functional) environment a must.
EDUCATION and/or or EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE
- BS or BA required, MBA a plus.
- A minimum of 4+ years working in customer-centric product development organizations with demonstrated successful launches.
- At least 4+ years of working experience with medical devices or dental digital products
WORK SCHEDULE / HOURS
- Regular business hours
- Early or late business hours may be required depending on location and assigned project work with Align locations in Tel Aviv Israel, San Jose Costa Rica, Juarez Mexico, Moscow Russia and San Jose, CA.
- Field Co-Travel and Tradeshow/Event attendance are required
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities