Director Accounting EMEA
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
This role is primarily responsible for the timely completion of our EMEA close process and the accuracy of the EMEA financial statements under US GAAP. The position leads, supervises and develops the general accounting and consolidations, working across accounting functions and international teams.
This position manages the EMEA Financial Accounting team. Position is located in Zug, Switzerland.
In this role, you will…
- Manage the day-to-day accounting and general ledger along with EMEA consolidations area.
- Responsible to ensure the timeliness, consistency and accuracy of the month end close process and consolidated financial statements.
- Set the close schedule working with internal & external reporting deadlines.
- Review account reconciliations in Blackline for areas of responsibility. Assure all recons are completed and accurate, providing trainings and guidance to preparers and reviewers.
- Identify, research and resolve accounting issues. Provide US GAAP accounting guidance and support to teams, collaborating with Technical Accounting and others, and assist in the preparation and/or review of technical accounting memos.
- Support and develop policies and procedures, identifying new or changes to controls and process improvements. Responsible for compliance of internal controls under SOX in areas of responsibility.
- Manage preparation of Consolidated Balance Sheet Review package and Quarterly flux analysis.
- Liaison with external auditors during quarter reviews and annual audits.
- Support treasury team in analyzing information/analysis of global hedging programs and fx programs.
- Lead EMEA VAT team, ensuring registration, fillings and compliance are all completed accurately and on time.
- Working with the Record to Report Global Process Owner, assist with SAP projects including set-up of new legal entities, system improvements, oversight of RTR master data changes and process training documentation. Collaborate with IT to define requirements and review of solutions.
- Assist with other projects and duties as appropriate.
In this role, you’ll need …
- Proficient in general accounting under US GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Ability to partner with cross-functional groups to drive and influence business solutions.
- Problem solver, system oriented and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written, oral and communication skills to work with management and cross-functional groups.
- Detailed-oriented with effective organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge and experience in accounting operations with strong attention to detail; Expertise with SAP and Blackline a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 12+ years of relevant experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 5+ years of managerial experience.
- Prior experience in both Big 4 Audit firm and high growth public company.
- Experience in developing, mentoring and creating a team environment.
- BS degree in accounting or finance required; MBA or equivalent a plus.
- CPA/CA required, preferably in active status
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities