Senior Optical Engineer
Operations Cd. Juarez, Chihuahua
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Manufacturing Technology or any applicable Optical Engineering discipline.
- English advanced
- 7+ proven years of Mechanical design activity in high tech companies (experience working in Global organizations is preferred).
- One or more of the following experiences are is essential:
- Opto-mechanical design.
- Electronic packaging design.
- Plastic part design.
- CAD skills (SolidWorks, or similar)
- PC operation basic skills (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Matlab, Mathcad, SolidWorks Simulation skills are an advantage.
- FDA regulated environment experience (desirable).
- Must posses the ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written form with emphasis on requirements and specifications. In addition, must have the ability to report project status accurately and in timely fashion to Manager / Director level management.
- Part of the Global Automaton team, leading and developing Optical Engineering applications.
- Takes responsibility on research and development activities as a member of the optical & mechanical Global Automation team.
- Lead research and feasibility project as part of the Automation Projects team
- Mentor new Mechanical Engineers and lead development teams for specific projects
- In addition to the membership in the mechanical group, he/she will be a member of the Global Automation team. As a member of such group, he/she will fulfill a rule of mechanic /optomechanic consultant/task leader.
- Ensure that the use and application of manufacturing processes, techniques, and tools are optimal in terms of quality and productivity.
- Research, define, develop, and implement new Optical Engineering state of the art manufacturing processes, methods, and technologies.
- Collaborate in the Design and implementation of automation applications for new and existing manufacturing systems and processes.
- Implement and champion continuous process improvement methodologies and techniques.
- Understand process capability metrics and work with process engineers to improve the performance of the operation overall, from an Equipment/Controls/Automation perspective.
- Mechanical/electrical equipment and software installation, qualification, validation, maintenance, and trouble shooting.
- Improve equipment capacity, uptime efficiency, and reliability.
- Develop and conduct process and equipment training courses, and produce associated course material.
- Analyze, specify, and implement cost effective equipment that improves operational performance and output.
- Manufacturing process database management when needed (troubleshooting).
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Support operation groups like Engineering, CS, QC, QA in their tasks as a mechanic/optomechanical expert.
- Ensures the effective fulfillment of objectives and deadlines assigned to the group.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Management team and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform IQ, OQ, and PQ validations` as needed as a result of Equipment and SW modifications and/or implementations.
- Cost performance, equipment cost justification, breakeven point analysis.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new opportunities
Align Technology Job Alerts
Get notified about new jobs that match you, and let Align Technology know you're interested!