Service Desk Engineer
Information Technology Wrocław, Poland
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
Align Technology is a fast paced, empowered, international working environment. Align is progressive company that encourages creativity, innovation and a focus on providing outstanding services to our customers. System Engineer will be a member of IT Infrastructure and Operations team.
IT Service Desk Engineer is responsible to provide complete support from end-user client machine to backend infrastructure and applications. End-user support includes, but not limited to, printers, laptops, desktops, desk phone, soft phone and cellular phones. He/she is expected to perform software and hardware installation and inventory management. Back-end support includes, but not limited to, providing complete user account provisioning: create AD and Exchange mailbox, computer account, group, and distribution lists. He or she will also provide support for global video conferencing solution using Polycom when it is required.
In this role, you will…
- Work as an IT Service Desk Engineer and be a member of Global Service Desk Team.
- Consistently working on complex issues that requiring independent action, good judgement, and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues
- Makes recommendations for new processes
- Respond to assigned tickets and request within business defined service level agreements. Logging of problems and resolutions using Service Now.
- Test, analyze, and recommend new standards for laptop and desktop, communicate with vendors.
- Create technical documentation to strengthen service desk support capabilities.
- Follow the Global standard procedures.
- Manage AD computers and users accounts.
- Manage Office 365
- Configure and manage corporate end-user hardware and software.
- Provide support for remote users.
- Other projects or tasks may be added at the managers discretion
In this role, you’ll need …
- Intermediate level of experience with Active Directory, Windows Server (2008/2012R2) and work station operating systems (win 7/10)
- Intermediate level of experience with 0.365 (Exchange, Teams or Skype, One Drive, office)
- Basic level of experience with DHCP, and DNS
- Intermediate level experience with SCCM and client deployments
- Good communication skills: ability to explain technical issues in a non-technical fashion
- Basic level of TCP/IP, networking, and VPN troubleshooting
- Experience configuring mobile devices and tablets of iOS/Android (email service, security, apps)
- It is a plus to know Macintosh technologies
- Support and configuration of Wireless connections
- Software/hardware help desk and/or front line customer service experience.
- Excellent level of English speaking, writing and reading. Other European languages are a plus (Dutch, Italian, French or Spanish)
- 3+ years of experience with IT operations, systems monitoring, and production environment support within SaaS environments
- 3+ years of experience with Windows Server and Windows domain environments
- 2+ years of overall experience scripting with PowerShell or Bash or Python
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with GitHub, Team Foundation Server or another source control application is a plus
- MCSA/MCSE certificates are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent of 5+ years software/hardware help desk and/or front line customer service experience
- MS and other Certifications could be a Plus.
- Experience in a team environment.
- Ability to Travel internationally
- Support 24/7 and working with two shifts
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new opportunities
Align Technology Job Alerts
Get notified about new jobs that match you, and let Align Technology know you're interested!