Product Engineering Analyst
Product Engineering Analyst
Align Technology is the industry leader and innovator in medical devices which focuses on revolutionizing the dental and orthodontic industry. We are looking for a Product Engineering Analyst in our R&D division located in San Jose, CA. The Product Engineering Analyst, Product Innovation R&D, works closely with business owners, product engineering and functional managers, Data/Product Analytics, Product Innovation engineers and the software development teams (Application Development, IT, Architecture, SQA) during the Requirements and Planning, Design, Development, and Verification / Validation phases of a project. The Product Engineering Analyst must develop expertise with end-to-end manufacturing and business processes (customer and internal), software applications and structure. The role will involve understanding, structuring, documenting, and validating the business requirements to ensure a suitable end-to-end solution for innovative orthodontic medical devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Requirements gathering & documentation - Facilitates meetings and/or design sessions to validate, prioritize, and document specific requirements for application enhancements and/or new product development. Works with the business user team, the project team, the quality assurance team, and the development team to create documentation suitable for their use. Documentation could include process diagrams, use cases, business, functional, and non-functional requirements.
- Develop use cases and functional requirement for feature development.
- Manage documentation to ensure compliance of software lifecycle process and product design control.
- Draft technical documentation including SOR, SRS, Product specifications and risk assessments, working closely with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills, with ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse group of people and functions to drive to a timely solution
- Strong presentation and documentation skills - proficient in PowerPoint, Visio,
Word and Excel
- Proven technical writing skills and expertise
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize the diverse set of tasks required in the role
- Self-motivated, self-starter willing to work through barriers and strive for continuous improvement
- Desire and willingness to development clinical understanding of Invisalign product and orthodontics.
Required education and experience
- BS or above in computer science, engineering discipline, health science, math or sciences
- 2+ years of experience in Business Analysis, Product Development/R&D, Technical Writing or Engineering experience
Nice to have:
- Experience performing product design and project management, medical device/dental application preferred
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Experience with business analytics tools (Tableau or Power BI) is preferred
- Experience with querying relational database (SQL) preferred
- Fluency in English
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects and tools; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move light to moderate weight. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level and temperature in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities