VP Associate General Counsel, Corporate Securities
Job Title: VP, Associate General Counsel, Corporate Securities
The primary role of the VP, Associate General Counsel, Corporate Securities is to provide worldwide strategic direction and oversight of all matters related to Align’s status as a registrant with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and as a company listed on NASDAQ. This role reports directly to the General Counsel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Primary responsibility for all aspects of Align’s compliance with the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and corporate governance requirements.
• Primary responsibility for all aspects of SEC reporting and compliance including Sarbanes-Oxley, corporate finance, periodic reports, proxy statements, and annual reports, NASDAQ compliance, disclosure, international corporate compliance and investor relations matters.
• Oversee the provision of advice and support concerning corporate/securities and governance matters to help ensure that practices comply with law and industry best practices. Oversee design, implementation, monitoring and refining of the Company's corporate governance programs and policies.
• Primary responsibility for all corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, and oversight of domestic and foreign subsidiaries.
• Provide advice and support to EMC and Board of Directors and its committees.
• Complete responsibility for the supervision and direction of outside counsel.
• Develop and manage legal budgets related to corporate/securities and governance matters.
• Regularly advise corporate functions such as finance & accounting, investor relations, and corporate communications with respect to Reg FD disclosure requirements and dealings with financial analysts, institutional investors and individual stockholders, and other media matters.
• Keeping abreast of proposed and existing legislation and regulations, counseling management leaders with respect to the impact of such new laws and regulations, and coordinating compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act as well as the NASDAQ listing requirements.
• Provide advice and support to CEO, finance & accounting and HR in the design and implementation of compensation programs, including cash bonus and equity incentive programs.
Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• JD or equivalent degree from an accredited law school.
• Admission to a State Bar (California Bar - highly desirable).
• At least 15 years of professional legal experience, including primary responsibility for corporate/securities and governance matters of a publicly traded company. In-house experience at a medical device, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or other life sciences company is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated expertise with corporate/securities and governance matters as well as corporate transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, financings and the like.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities