Full Stack Developer
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The Consumer Applications Full Stack Developer will be located in San Jose, CA and is responsible for building and maintaining web applications using ReactJS on Node/Rails servers. As a Full Stack Developer the candidate will be a strong contributor in the execution of the strategic direction for the company, the success of this position will be measured by the usability, quality, and timeliness of applications delivery. You will participate on architecture, design, and implementation of these applications. The ideal candidate is expected to have proven extensive experience building innovative web applications.
In this role, you will…
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for contributing to and being a champion of the frontend and backend architecture.
- Responsible for working with business owners to propose high-quality user experience solutions for desktop and mobile web applications
- Responsible for working with the configuration management and administration teams to provide accurate build and deployment instructions.
- Responsible for working with tertiary groups such as Security, Architecture, IT Operations, and QA to ensure quality design, delivery, and adherence to corporate standards.
- Develop web-based user interfaces, applications, and consume Web Services.
- Ensure application development principles, standards, and best practices are followed for each project
In this role, you’ll need …
- A "can do" attitude, high energy, and creativity are required along with organizational skills and abilitiy to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, written, and visual communication skills, with ability to present findings concisely and effectively.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with developers, program management, and marketing about objectives, requirements and design constraints.
- Solid understanding of agile development principles, careful attention to detail, as well as ability to design solutions for multiple product requirements.
- BS/MS degree or equivalent years of experience
- Experience with AJAX, XML, JSON, and useful Design Patterns
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Test-Driven Development and/or Behavior-Driven Development.
- Experience in using Git source control
- Working Knowledge of the full SDLC
- Demonstrated teamwork skills with a solid analytical and statistical background.
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of User Experience design methodologies a plus
- Experience with Web 2.0 site development or UX design concept is a plus
- Internationalization/Localization and Salesforce knowledge and experience a strong plus
- Experience with Mobile web development a plus
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities