3D Software - R&D Intern
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
Align Technology, Inc. (the makers of Invisalign® aligners) has software development Intern position available for students seeking summer internship. The position is for a full-time role, for a minimum of 8 weeks during the summer.
In this role, you will…
- Work independently on one or more summer software projects and create a final presentation to share with the team. Activities may include:
- Write C++, Python code to contribute to the dental CAD product
- Concept generation and iterative software prototyping
- Formulating and testing hypotheses
- Investigative research and root cause analysis
- Participate in multiple stages of software Product Life Cycle
- Develop expertise in native software and debug it in order to aid in Data processing related to software user behavior
- Participate in project update meetings and effectively present data and findings
- Follow all departmental and company procedures as indicated in quality, administrative, or other systems
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Assist with documentation and organization of various projects
In this role, you’ll need …
- To be a student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s (junior level or higher), Master’s, or PhD degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, or Biomechanical Engineering preferred. Other scientific and engineering disciplines will be considered.
- Experience with Python / C++ programming
- Ability to deal with large code base
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities