Director, iTero Canada
Sales Toronto, Ontario
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
Align Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: ALGN), makers of the Invisalign® system, and iTero® intraoral scanners, is the industry leader and innovator in medical devices which focuses on revolutionizing the dental and orthodontic industry. Align Canada opened its first office in the heart of downtown Toronto in 2017 after more than 15 years servicing the Canadian market. With a trajectory accentuated by accelerated growth and innovation, Align Canada continues to reinforce its consumer presence as the most advanced clear aligner system in the world while building a highly regarded employer brand in Canada, being certified as a Great Place to Work in 2019.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the Orthodontic and Dental industries with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation.
Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Are you ready to join us?
About this opportunity
We are looking to hire an experienced and cross functional leader as the Director of iTero for Canada, reporting to the Canadian General Manager and Vice President with a matrixed reporting relationship to the US ITero Vice President.
Joining the Canadian Leadership Team, the successful candidate is a strategic business development leader experienced in the planning and execution of market analysis, expansion and penetration of the product/service initiative and liaison with commercial operations and sales team in the assigned countries to meet business goals.
This leader will establish strategic vision and execute all necessary alignments with the corporate commercial and regional teams.
From the Canadian headquarters based in downtown Toronto, the incumbent will lead a dedicated and diverse team of iTeroSales Territory Managers, Clinical Training Specialists, and Digital Optimization Specialist and will work in close partnership with the internal partners (including Marketing, Sales Operations & Analytics and Clinical training functions) in Canada and the US to drive the achievement of sales strategies and growth targets.
In this role, you will…
- Work cross-functionally within the Global iTero organization, Global Invisalign organization and Canadian Sales and Commercial Operations Organizations to ensure the proper strategies are developed and executed on all levels.
- Responsible for increasing business presence in Canada among existing clients as well as promoting the iTero expansion to new markets in the region.
- Work seamlessly with Invisalign and iTero leadership team to drive commercial growth in Canada
- Represent the iTero portfolio and ensure profitability
- Build a high performing team. Create a winning and disciplined culture to win in a highly competitive market. Coach sales representatives to develop effective territory strategies and achieve targets; remove obstacles/barriers for success. Create an environment that encourages professional growth, fosters inclusivity, and value among team
- Utilize metrics, internal/external environmental and business intelligence to provide the early identification of new business opportunities. Utilize data to create actionable insights.
- Demonstrate your proven track record of leading teams to achieve sales effectiveness and targets; demonstrating efficient territory planning and account management with a relentless drive to achieve results.
- Provide training, coaching and evaluate Territory Manager and Clinical Trainers and DSOS in product knowledge, selling skills, and territory management– through observation during co-travel, frequent feedback and the analysis of data in both a one on one and group settings.
- Direct and execute expansion projects considering all aspects of the project – market analysis, decision making process, regulatory alignment with area of expertise, financial analysis with area of expertise, technical requirements for product registration etc.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative internal relationships across key cross-functional business units including the iTero and Invisalign business.
- Ensure business leadership is involved and educated on the account strategy and regularly meet with internal stakeholders to provide updates/status on account status.
- Integrate with key executives and other decision-making personnel to align account opportunities and business objectives with Align’s strategic business objectives.
- Ensures the effective fulfillment of objectives and works to meet business development goals and sales targets.
- Become a valued member on the Canadian leadership team to ensure partnerships exist for success in all channels.
In this role, you’ll need …
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required
- At least 8 years of management experience leading a field sales business-to-business (B2B) team selling to small business owners in health related industry (i.e. dental, orthodontic, optometry, veterinary, chiropractic etc.). Ideal candidate has industry experience selling a medical device, dental, orthodontic or capital equipment preferred
- Industry knowledge: Orthodontic & Clinical experience preferred, at minimum “Clinical Credibility”; dental industry knowledge is a bonus.
- Strong business acumen and marketing knowledge; ability & comfort having business discussions (Cash Flow Analysis, ROI, P&L) and asking the right business questions
- Strong focus on teamwork and a proven experience building and leveraging relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Possess strong capital funnel management processes and able to drive change and adoption across the sales organization with speed and agility
- Demonstrated creativity, integrity, self-discipline and capability to identify and complete critical tasks independently with a high sense of urgency
- Possess a proven record of maintaining a high level of client and employee satisfaction and a strong affinity with the business development process and organization-wide culture.
- Proven leadership and general management ability.
- Strong collaboration skills with exceptional oral and written communication skills to diverse audiences; effective and engaging presentation skills demonstrating proficiency with full suite of Microsoft Office applications. Experience with a CRM system, Salesforce preferred.
- Documented record of accomplishment of performance, achievement, project management and excellence in sales and sales management.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and thrive in a detail-oriented environment including the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Internal corporate, project management and execution and operational experience preferred
- Capacity to execute marketing plans and manage budgets and expenses
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Possess a valid driver’s license to facilitate travel within assigned geographical territory with occasional overnight travel requirement.
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested.
Not the right fit but still want to become part of our team? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new opportunities
Align Technology Job Alerts
Get notified about new jobs that match you, and let Align Technology know you're interested!