3D Software Simulation - R&D Intern
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
Align is looking for a 3D Software R&D Intern for our San Jose, CA office for a full time position for a minimum of 8 weeks. The 3D Software R&D Intern - Simulation will be working with members of the team to develop, test and validate some platform independent algorithms/applications currently used with the aim of reducing the number of physical prototypes and experiments in our current workflow, and to optimize components in their design phase to develop better products, faster
In this role, you will…
- The ideal candidate is currently a student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s (junior level or higher), and/or Master’s, and/ or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other STEM major (preferably C++ 11/14, python), with experience or interest in Simulation.
- The 3D Software R&D intern will work independently and under supervision with Software and Mechanical engineers to help create the next generation of clinical treatment planning/simulation and medical device design applications
- Write reusable code in C++ and Python
- Create a final presentation to be shared with the Simulation Team and cross-functional teams
In this role, you’ll need …
- Experience in software development (Strong object oriented design skills)
- A passion for C++, in depth knowledge of the C++ language (C++ 11 and/or 14 preferred)
- Experience in multi-platform development (windows, Linux)
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities