Senior Process Engineer, 3D Printing
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The process engineer will develop and optimize processes for existing and new technologies involving materials, hardware and post-processing. This position is in support of rapidly growing production environment, and to define and design new processes, and enhance efficiency and quality of current processes.
The Process Engineer must be a leader, strategic thinker and problem solver to organized, disciplined and self-motivated, with the capability to balance multiple priorities related to operations and organization.
In this role, you will…
- Lead, Interact and collaborate with other engineers such as Chemists, Software Engineers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, while creating, specifying, confirming and optimizing processes with variable parameters using statistical methods.
- Grow and optimize processes for existing and new production methods involving new materials, new printers and new post-processing.
- Develop, communicate and document process engineering activities in unit support, design, plant engineering activities.
- Participate in development, installation, testing and configuration of the prototype equipment and their subsystems. Participate in the development, processing and testing of materials to create products.
- Install or modify laboratory equipment.
- Independently execute research and development projects. Hands-on engineer capable of setting up quick lab tests for testing feasibility of concepts and ideas. Conduct hands-on experiments on equipment and develop thorough reports on the research.
- Accountable for the delivery of the process engineering deliverables and services on time meeting quality expectations.
- Interact and collaborate with other engineers such as Chemists, Software Engineers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, while creating, specifying, confirming and optimizing processes with variable parameters using statistical methods.
- Work with production team to monitor unit operations, correct problems and assist in improvements, usually for special problems or projects.
- Work with engineering team to maintain and ensure continuous operation, including assistance during unit operational upsets or unit turnarounds.
- Ensure completion of process engineering study and design for new projects in coordination with project plans.
In this role, you’ll need …
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant Engineering or an appropriate equivalent is required
- Preferably 8 to 12 years of experience
- Knowledge of 3D printing and process development highly preferred
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities