Finance Projects Manager, EMEA
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
This position is responsible for managing the Finance Business Operations (FBO) team in delivering the EMEA finance requirements for strategic projects in addition to supporting other finance projects. Collaborating with various cross functional members, such as, information technology, product managers and accounting to ensure overall projects are implemented successfully and within the timelines. Assist business with finance requirements that minimize complexity, enhance scalability, and enhance or maintain financial controls. Lastly, provide support and documentation to finance group, internal audit and/or external accountants, and follow up on post-implementation issues. Create, coach and develop Finance Business Operations team.
In this role, you will…
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Represent the EMEA finance Order to Cash (OTC) and Record to Report (RTR) cycle teams while working on multi-faceted and challenging projects that impact the future growth of Align. Manage diverse projects in various stages to problem solve complex issues and drive results. Gain a thorough understanding of project concepts and deliverables, create solutions that minimize complexity, enhance scalability, and enhance or maintain financial controls.
• Coordinate cross-functionally regarding resources and timelines for validating projects.
• Ensuring policies/procedures are adhered to and the completeness and accuracy of deployments.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams, such as, accounting, IT, R&D, legal, and marketing to analyze information needs and functional requirements with a focus on scaling the business to higher volumes and minimizing manual workarounds.
• Follow Align’s internal Program Management Process and prepare required project status templates and/or present to Strategic team, as required.
• Engage global finance members, as needed, to assess impacts on processes or systems. Provide training or assist in documenting new desktop procedures if necessary.
• Proactively communicate project status to wider project team, finance management, Internal Audit and accounting groups. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, summarize from low level information to a general understanding and distinguish user request. Set expectations appropriately, identify risks to projects, and develop potential solutions to issues.
• Facilitate the gathering of requirements from the EMEA finance group, resolve ambiguities, inconsistencies and conflicting business and technical requirements to build consensus and drive an agreed-upon solution.
• Critically identify issues concerning business or systems limitations, gaps in processes or inefficient procedures, requirements and communicate as appropriate.
• Ensure new or changed finance processes are documented, tested, and are appropriately transitioned to existing accounting personnel.
• Develop a strong understanding of underlying internal software systems and their inter-dependencies by liaising with IT resources and other subject matter experts.
• Lead the EMEA Finance Business Operations team to implement finance requirements related to multiple strategic and/or functional projects. Provide leadership, oversight, mentoring and career guidance for the team. Manage and develop the team through performance management, skills development, cross training and succession planning.
• Coordinate and assign work schedules, timelines, and priorities for the EMEA Finance Business Operations staff to meet project timelines. Ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment. Provide leadership to staff by setting objectives, planning project steps and required resources, and manage execution.
• Support the overall Company’s strategic objectives by actively participating in project meetings, as necessary.
• Collaborate with EMEA and Corporate finance teams, IT and marketing or subject matter experts to establish the requirements and analyze the tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
• Resolve ambiguities, inconsistencies and conflicting business and technical requirements to build consensus, and drive to an agreed upon solution
• Have a solid understanding of revenue recognition and cost accounting procedures and systems
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously with flexibility and agility
• Build relationships with cross functional team members to influence changes and gather support
• Recommend or initiate business process changes that make processes more effective or eliminate manual workarounds, especially those related to finance processes
In this role, you’ll need …
experience in project management and flexibility to manage multiple tasks, resources, and to resolve issues through collaboration
• Cultivate teamwork by building strong relationships with staff and cross-functional teams in order to coach and influence
• Strong business acumen, especially in the areas of finance processes and systems
• Familiarity with international operations, including special requirements, reporting issues or process considerations
• Ability to identify risks, opportunities and potential solutions to improve business processes
• Solid understanding of Government and Statutory Reporting requirements.
• Familiar with GAAP and SOX requirements, with emphasis on revenue recognition
• Direct and open communication by setting appropriate expectations and following up
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group
• Ability to communicate and resolve issues in a direct and concise manner with poise and tact. Written communications should be detailed and thorough
• Candidate should be detailed oriented and have a solid understanding of financial statements and integrated financial systems
• Ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts and circumstances, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical system instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Strong ability to reason through processes and challenge inconsistencies or processes that do not optimize business objectives within scope and/or timeline
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 8+ year’s experience in accounting management and project management
• Experience leading significant, cross functional global projects, such as, an implementation of ERP systems
• Experience with SAP
• Experience in business analysis, software development and/or business operations
• University Master degree in Accounting
• Post master qualification such as CPA or ACCA
• Certified Program Manager Professional a plus
• Fluent in English
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities