Senior Manager, Customer Facing Applications
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The IT Group at Align Technology needs an experienced Senior Manager for Customer Facing Applications in our San Jose, CA office to help mold the team and build a positive culture that ensure customer success. We have an opportunity to create a world class organization and are looking for people with the following characteristics:
- A desire to improve customer experience
- A desire to improve quality
- A desire to build bullet-proof systems
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- A stubborn devotion to being the best
- A deep animosity toward mediocrity
- Strong consulting, customer management skills or a desire to learn
- Fanatical ability to deliver customer satisfaction
The successful candidate is responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of core platforms that will be leveraged company wide for web applications from the Consumer, Customer, and R&D teams. This candidate will have the opportunity to improve many internal processes and implementation of corporate-wide standards. Your daily tasks will allow you to work closely with software developers, SQA, engineering management, project managers, and a diverse group of cross-functional teams including software, I.T., marketing, and clinical research.
In this role, you will…
- Dependability: Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure.
- Initiative: Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Prioritize objectives and manage resource scheduling and task.
- Develop and foster a DevOps culture.
- Develop team members and position them to succeed.
- Provide supervision for direct reports including hired services contractors.
- Establish individual performance goals, review performance against goals and provide mentorship & coaching for employee development.
- Provide solutions to field reported Software defects and customer requested enhancements.
- Implementing quality software solutions to a variety of problems or needs
- Contributing to the design, implementation and documentation of various software modules
- Design of systems, components and processes are scalable, reliable and maintainable
- Ability to troubleshoot and quickly come up with solutions related to networks, systems integration, and various types of client based applications.
- Identify GAPS in current processes and work on improvements
- Designs, codes and debugs applications in various software languages. Integrates software with existing systems.
- Quality metrics for support organizations
In this role, you’ll need …
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with an ability to build relationships and work across multi-functional organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to perform under pressure situations, while developing sound implementation approaches which solve the business problem or environment which they support are a plus.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to dive deep when necessary
- Demonstrated track record of creating, implementing and managing disciplined, well document processes supporting explicit service levels
- Proven track record of handling business support in a high pressure, client-facing environment, supporting multiple technologies and systems
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively across organizations boundaries
- Demonstrates ability to use innovative ideas to solve problems in a cost effective manner
- Experience running DevOps with Development, QA, and Support teams.
- Proven track record of managing a team, preferably in a global environment
- Effective leadership, communication, collaboration and project management skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- 12+ years industry experience with a significant portion of that in Engineering or IT functions
- 6 years of experience in application and systems is required with at least 4 years as Development manager or equivalent Lead role
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities