Senior 3D C++ Software Engineer
R&D Raleigh , North Carolina
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The senior 3D C++ Software Engineer will contribute to critical R&D software development projects that help the company innovate the aligner technology. The engineer should have sound programming background and desire to innovate. This role will be part of Align goal to deliver our clear aligners (Invisalign ®) and 3D scanners (iTero ®) to our customers.
In this role, you will…
- Innovate with complex 3D computational geometry algorithms involving for use in clinical research and clinical applications
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and improve next generation C++ software for 3D treatment planning and simulation.
- Develop tools for mathematical modeling and simulation of next gen treatment outcomes
- Collaborate with mechanical, material, software engineers and computational geometry specialists to develop the next generation of CAD software for manufacturing.
- Leverage and contribute to large scale C++ software product used for 3D treatment planning, simulation and appliance design for more than 3000 unique patients a day.
As a part of larger Product Innovation team:
- Follow quality and regulatory guidelines for medical device software development.
- Develop internal tools in support of company’s company processes and infrastructure.
- Be on a constant mission to maintain and improve the quality of our software, including our large legacy code base
- Work closely with clinical board and mechanical engineers to communicate options and enable better decisions
- Prepare patents applications
- Collaborate in requirement discussions, propose and implement solutions.
- Follow best practices; produce high quality, testable and reusable code. Share your expertise, help your colleagues and learn from others as well.
- As a member of the team, you will leverage the Scrum Agile process; take part in sprint planning, daily stand-up, retrospective and demonstration activities.
- The team works under Windows with MS Visual Studio, use Git and Atlassian tools for version control, bug tracking and task tracking.
In this role, you’ll need …
- Advanced degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional experience of 3D computational geometry software development
- 8+ years of professional experience developing software in C++
- Ability to work in large C++ codebase and make it architecturally sound.
- 3D Software knowledge
- Familiarity with computational geometry open source libraries like CGAL
- Experience in programming with Python
- familiarity with Docker containers, CentOS, AWS
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new opportunities
Align Technology Job Alerts
Get notified about new jobs that match you, and let Align Technology know you're interested!