Senior Product Engineering Manager
Align Technology, a leading Silicon Valley innovator in medical devices, focused on revolutionizing dental practice is looking for a great Product Engineering Manager. We invented Invisalign, the way to replace wires & brackets by made-to-order plastic transparent aligners, leveraging new 3D computerized treatment simulation and artificial intelligence as well as 3D printing, complex bio-mechanics and advanced materials. We also invented the iTero scanner, able to scan your mouth in a few minutes and generate a 3D model of your jaws and teeth to an incredible micron-level precision.
Our new Product Engineering Manager will help us build products our users love and that will change the way doctors and patients do dentistry, especially orthodontics. The ideal candidate is actively curious, incredibly bright, highly organized, quality obsessed and has at least two years of Product Engineering Management experience.
In our matrix organization, the Product Engineering Manager works closely with software engineers, QA, customers, sales and marketing to build and release high quality products. This role takes care of all the product life cycle from strategy and concept to product and feature requirements to use cases. The Product Engineering Manager is responsible for driving the strategy and development of some of Align’s platform components. He/she effectively translates business strategies into product strategies, roadmaps and product specifications that deliver against both our core customer benefits and our company strategic and financial goals. The Product Engineering is able to independently drive to agreement on product requirements and directions. The Product Engineering Manager will work on projects with global capabilities and impact key product decisions through the development lifecycle. This individual has a deep understanding of his/her customers’ needs and of the product. He/she has the confidence and knowledge to successfully own the product and drive the development team
- Spends time with business owners, customers, users, competition
- Defines what it is we build based on business owners & customers input
- Helps draft high level technical architecture with the R&D team
- Interfaces with business owners in marketing, operations, IT and other functional groups
- Defines technical products requirements
- Leads technical product roadmap
- Grooms backlog as product owner
- Represents business owners & customers
- Demands an aggressive timeline
- Acts as agile product owner
- Ambitious in reaching for a deep meaningful competitive product
- Helps define User Acceptance Testing scenarios
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience & Leadership in software product ideation, definition & management
- Comfort in managing matrix organized teams
- Demonstrated mastery of software engineering
- Experience with some domain related knowledge as appropriate & needed: Orthodontics, Dentistry, 3D CAD/CAM, UI/UX/Usability, Complex User Tools, Web Services, etc.
- Enabler and coach of agile project management practices
- Deep understanding of computer science & data processing
- Exemplary technical and people leadership skills
- Team player with strong ability to explain technical issues to business users.
- Makes effective decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; uses a mixture of analysis, experience, and process to reach conclusions
- Must demonstrate a strong track record of delivering results.
- Excellent presentation/oral communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, management, communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor or Masters or PhD in Sciences or Engineering
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 2+ years of Software Product Management Experience
- 2+ years of 3D CAD/CAM and/or Animation Systems and/or UI/UX/Usability and/or Web Services/Cloud
- 2+ years of Effective Mature Agile Project Management
- Proven experience with defining and managing customer expectations using independent Development lead or hands-on engineering management roles is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities