Expert 3D C++ Software Engineer
Align is the industry leader and innovator in medical devices which focuses on revolutionizing the dental and orthodontic industry. Align is looking for a Expert 3D C++ Software Engineer for our Raleigh, North Carolina location. This role will be part of a culture that is helping to improve lives every day through digital dentistry.
The Expert 3D C++ Software Engineer should be the expert in C++ and 3D technologies. This role will be part of Align goal to deliver our clear aligners (Invisalign ®) and 3D scanners (iTero ®) to our customers. We would love for you to join a fun and cutting-edge technology company that has helped create over 5 Million Smiles (#6MILLIONSMILES #Work4Align).
Align Technology Expert 3D CAM Software Engineer will help build our critical manufacturing software. This is where you could be part of a company that uses 20% of the world’s 3D printers. A large part of the role will be developing and providing the architectural foundation for computational geometry algorithm solutions and products. Will be working on issues that may arise during the manufacturing of our clear aligners (Invisalign®). Programming 3D printers and CNC machines.
- The ideal candidate is currently a C++ Architect or Expert Engineer with version 11+ experience, who is able to think outside of the box and solve problems on their own
- The Expert 3D CAM Software Engineer will work closely with QA Engineers, product managers, operations, customers and IT, to build high quality products while owning the architectural strategies that define the standard for fabrication development.
- Participate in the entire 3D Manufacturing Software life cycle from concept to release
- Develop and maintain automated CAD/CAM system for medical device mass production
- Mentor engineers with varying levels of expertise on proper coding techniques and architectural guidance
- Evaluate and recommend technologies and tools needed for a high quality and scalable product platform
- Interpret business requirements to articulate architectural foundation and technical objectives for engineering teams
- Provide training to engineering teams on new technical strategies
- Routinely participate in round table strategic collaboration with other Principal Engineers and Leadership throughout the organization
- Interact with both internal and external key stakeholders to improve the product
- Create numerical geometrical algorithms and implement in C++
- BS in Computer Science or Mathematics or Physics or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 12+ years in professional software development in C++
- 7+ years of current 3D computational software development (computational mathematics, linear algebra, analytical geometry)
- 7+ Years of experience with one of these technologies: Stereolithography, 3D Printing, CNC Milling, Laser Marking, Laser Trimming, and X-Ray Tomography
- 5+ years of C++11/14 usage
- 7+ years of CAD/CAM/CAE back-end development
- Clear understanding of the importance and application of architecture in 3D applications
- A "can do" proactive attitude, high energy, and creativity are required along with excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral, written, and visual communication skills, with ability to present findings concisely and effectively
- Ability to collaborate effectively with developers, program management, and stakeholders on objectives, requirements and design constraints
- Ability to provide guidance and training to engineering teams on technical challenges
- Ability to analyze large scale technical solutions and devise engineering efficiency improvement plans that help increase company revenue
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks, manage conflicting deadlines, and work effectively in a dynamic environment
- Quickly learn and assimilate new business processes, ideas and concepts to formulate conclusions and deliver results
- Actively pursues opportunities for learning and self-development
- Understands span of control to escalate or delegate issues to appropriate levels
- Ability to excel in dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Post Graduate Degree preferred
- Scrum/Kanban practices
At Align, the values Agility, Customer and Accountability define our culture. We develop solutions rapidly, hence the agile attitude typical of our employees. To delight our customers, we understand customer expectations, treat their problems as our own, and tailor our solutions to their needs. Accountability for delivering against our expectations is at the core of who we are. We hold ourselves to the highest standards with regard to our work, our professionalism, and our outcomes.
Align, the inventors and makers of Invisalign ®, the world leader of clear aligners for orthodontic therapy. Invisalign ® is a revolutionary way to replace wires & brackets by made-to-order plastic transparent aligners. Behind the scenes, we leverage new 3D computerized treatment simulation and artificial intelligence as well as 3D printing, complex bio-mechanics and advanced materials. We also invented the iTero scanner, which scans your mouth in a few minutes and generate a 3D model of your jaws and teeth to an incredible micron-level of precision.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities