About this opportunity
Align Technology’s Platform Engineering team is looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Software Architect to help us revolutionize the dental industry. The Platform Engineering team works across Align to provide services and systems that enable teams to more efficiently deliver business value. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker with outstanding communication skills and years of hands-on programming experience designing and building large software systems.
- Design high-value, reliable, simple, secure and scalable software solutions to support business needs
- Engage stakeholders to gather and document functional and non-functional requirements
- Define responsibilities of system components and design interfaces between systems
- Define aspects of development; appropriate technology, workflow and standards
- Evaluate existing system designs and propose improvements as needed
- Identify risks and propose solutions in system designs
- Write and review formal design documents
- Collaborate with other architects and software developers globally
- Foster innovation through research, recommending new technologies, processes and or standards
- Provide development and design guidance to individual development teams
- Prepare, lead and or participate in design reviews
- Participate and sometimes lead cross organization development initiatives
- Act as senior technical leader across R&D providing guidance in all phases of our SLDC
In this role, you’ll need …
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years in technical role; Software Developer, Quality Engineering, Software Architect
- 5+ years of experience architecting software applications and services
- 3+ years of experience in cloud computing, database and server-side architectures
- Exceptional understanding of software design principles and patterns
- Willingness to comply with a medical device Class II SDLC
- Be a self-motivated, quick learner, strong problem solver, team player, and effective communicator demonstrating strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to make great technical decisions early in the development process and influence others
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- 25-35% travel to global development centers (Tel Aviv, San Jose, Raleigh)
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities