iTero Technical Support Specialist
Operations Singapore, Singapore
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever is next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The Role of iTero Technical Support is to provide assistance and resolution to issues encountered by internal customers (fellow Sales and Marketing team members) and external customers (iTero Scanner users from Doctors to their staff) for our family of iTero products, software and services. Research, follow-up information with any pertinent department as needed to provide assistance and/or achieve a resolution with to doctor’s issue(s). The person will handle the transactions during the initial troubleshooting until it gets resolved or if not within their reach they will proceed to escalate (serving as a first level technical support resource). This includes not only the follow up but also updates to all stakeholders.
In this role, you will…
- Troubleshoot remotely and on-site (if needed) issues related to proprietary and web based applications used by customers or hardware related issues. This involves evaluating the nature of the problem, determining the appropriate solution and providing assistance to resolve the situation for the customer.
- Responsible for timely approval of spare part troubleshooting before parts are sourced, within the expected service level.
- Work within specified service level agreements for response and issue closures times
- Monitor, respond, update and close tickets sent to you via SalesForce.com or any other ticketing system in place. Experience using Salesforce.com as a ticket system would be regarded as a significant plus.
- Ensure timely resolution to customer contact issue whether it is an e-mail, inbound or outbound call.
- Update and complete tasks that have been assigned by the supervisors or managers, aside from those received via phone or email; such as complaint follow ups, reassigned calls, etc.
- Be alert to trends in requests and issues reported by customers. Research information to answer inquiries from customers and share learning with departmental peers and management.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of company procedures and product information/materials.
- Propose ideas for procedures and processes to promote improved service and customer satisfaction, and overall department improvements.
- Participate in special projects and/or training when requested.
- Interact with customers and fellow employees in a timely, patient, tactful and professional manner. Handle difficult or sensitive issues following department guidelines.
- Meet departmental standards for personal and team performance metrics including, but not limited to, contact volume handled, turnaround time and quality. Other forms of communication used to provide support or perform the assigned duties can also be monitored periodically, for quality purposes.
- Accurately and thoroughly document information in the company’s database(s) about each contact handled (email, inbound and outbound calls), following defined parameters. Generate the appropriate task, assignment; follow up, note or resolution for each contact.
- Assure and follow up on-time delivery of projects, deadlines or solutions.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Manager and/or Human Resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In this role, you’ll need …
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The following skills are required:
- Ability to effectively and systematically trouble-shoot and qualify issues.
- Ability to simply and clearly discuss technical issues with non-technical end users including customers.
- A good understanding of and ability to troubleshoot MS Windows Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Apple is a plus.
- A good understanding of and ability to troubleshoot Internet Browsers and configurations (Internet Explorer 8,9,10 mandatory. Knowledge of Chrome and Safari is a plus)
- A basic understanding of networking concepts.
The following skills would be considered a plus:
A basic knowledge and recent experience with various anti-virus software, personal firewall or a similar anti-virus suite A basic understanding server architecture would be an advantage.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to focus attention to detail.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment.
- Strong evidence of problem solving, organizational and prioritization skills are essential
- Dynamic, optimistic, accurate, results oriented, hard-working, creative.
- Ability to work without constant supervision.
- Able to flourish in young international company experiencing significant growth (i.e. roll up sleeves approach and able to deal with ambiguity).
Ability to communicate effectively with people in all areas of a company is vital. Willing to reassess and reorganize when traditional solutions are not working. The incumbent should be able to work within a multi-cultural team and have superior interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Degree/ Diploma in Engineering / Life Science
- Minimum 3 years software/hardware help desk and/or front line customer service experience.
- Experience working in a team environment and supporting others within a team.
SKILLS REQUIRED: LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Good working level of English and Mandarin, writing and reading required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals in English
- Ability to actively perform both internal and external correspondence.
- Ability to listen and speak effectively in English with APAC and Global support teams.
- Being able to communicate in Cantonese is a plus
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new opportunities
Align Technology Job Alerts
Get notified about new jobs that match you, and let Align Technology know you're interested!