Associate Director, Product Management
Marketing San Jose, California
This position is accountable for all aspects of the iTero products and services in terms of features, functionality and quality for orthodontic market. The person in this role will provide strategic direction for a product in the iTero product portfolio, focusing on the specific business and clinical needs of the orthodontic customers. This person will bring deep understanding of customer and market needs to the Align Technology. S/he will be the source of decisions around product vision, strategy, roadmap, and tactical choices through product development.
The role will report to Sr. Director of Global iTero Product Management at Align Technology and will work in close partnership with R&D, Product and Program managers as well as with people in other functions.
Align Technology is a global medical device company with industry-leading innovative products such as Invisalign clear aligners, iTero intraoral scanners and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
- Ensuring customer focus by communicating and building rapport with customers as required and ensuring the “voice of the customer” reflected in work processes.
- Develop a deep understanding of scanner customers (Dentists, Orthodontists, office staff, ortho/dental labs, distributors, etc.) through primary and secondary research, market visits and close sales relationships. Identify customer needs and opportunities. Incorporate this understanding into customer requirements that are consistent with the long term customer experience and portfolio vision. Communicate and leverage this knowledge with cross-functional teams to assure understanding and buy-in.
- Develop a strategic vision for the future of the ortho software apps. Support this with roadmaps and priorities for user interface and business process changes – both small and large in scope – that express both evolutionary and revolutionary improvements. Work with the Invisalign Product Managers to develop an integrated vision and transition plan (as appropriate) for Invisalign and iTero products.
- Build business cases which encompass multi-year revenue projections, COGS estimates, market objectives, and strategic objectives (as relevant). Lead cross-functional team members to develop, socialize, and create buy-in of the business justification and solutions that will address the customer needs and opportunities.
- Close collaboration with marketing to translate practice needs, market analysis, competitive analysis, and regulatory environment factors into actionable strategies and tactics for the product.
- Collaboration with internal and external domain experts to highlight emerging practice trends and product/content needs of the customer.
- Establishing users advisory board and KOL network to better understand the specific needs of the ortho market
- Performing and supporting limited marketing releases of new products and services
- Create a competitive land scape to understand align position with in the market, identify gaps and suggest actionable path to address those gaps.
- Working with marketing, R&D, and services to create long-term product roadmaps, requirements, and business plans.
- Establish tradeoffs between internal development and business partnership activities with strategic partners-including contract negotiations and maintenance, product changes, forecasting and financials.
- Coordinating the needs across a multi-functional organization, including marketing, sales, operations, R&D, and services teams, while ensuring compliance with quality systems and regulatory requirements.
- Evangelize for the product by presenting to customer and user groups; represent the product at trade shows; sell product family roadmap internally; participate in winning large deals; provide sales training, and generate enthusiasm for the product.
- Create a team environment that encourages innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, Business Administration, healthcare or related field or equivalent experience. MBA or Master’s degree preferred in Product Management, Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- Experience in the dental field/industry or medical device
- Degree and practice in a clinical discipline
- More than 10 years of experience in product management, product development or related field.
- Deep Product Management/Marketing expertise, including: market trends/analysis, NPI process, product roadmap development, requirements, product life-cycle management,
- Healthcare product/industry/technical acumen
- Leadership skills to lead teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
- Innovation – develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
- Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to work globally
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate internally and with customers.
- Regular business hours
- Early or late business hours may be required depending on location and assigned project work with Align locations in Tel Aviv, Zurich, Singapore, Shanghai or Sao Paulo
- Field Co-Travel and Tradeshow/Event attendance are required
- High growth, fast-paced digital health company
- Working in a truly global environment, with offices around the world
- Exciting and challenging projects that change today’s standard of care
- Flexible hours – focused on achievement, not hours
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new opportunities
Align Technology Job Alerts
Get notified about new jobs that match you, and let Align Technology know you're interested!