Technical Support Representative
The Role of Technical Support Representative focuses on responding to customer technical issues related to proprietary software and web applications. Issues are escalated via the European customer service teams or distributors in Europe and Asia Pacific. The required tasks include, but are not limited to, remotely troubleshooting customer issues, working closely with customer service teams, communicating with customers, and ensuring issues and solutions are documented in the ticket system and database
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES,
Other duties may be assigned
- Troubleshoot issues related to proprietary and web based applications used by customers. This involves evaluating the nature of the problem, determining the appropriate solution and providing assistance to resolve the situation for the customer
- Provide Remote Desktop support to Customers
- Communicate with customers and distributors in a polite, professional and friendly manner
- Ability to communicate technical issues in a easily understood manner
- Work within specified service level agreements for response and issue closures times
- Monitor, respond, update and close tickets sent to the team via a proprietary system and SalesForce.com. Experience using Salesforce.com as a ticket system would be regarded as a significant plus
- Monitor and respond to emails sent to a common team inbox
- Use of the customer service phone queue system. Experience using CISCO phone system is a plus.
- General knowledge of company products and offerings
- Contribute to and maintenance of the shared team knowledge base and procedures
- Work with company support teams and Distributors across Europe and Asia Pacific
- Escalate issues to other teams or management as required
- Identify process and other improvements within the department
- Train new team members or members of other departments on topics related to Technical Support
- Participate in special projects and/or training when requested.
- Ensures the effective fulfillment of objectives and deadlines assigned to the group.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following skills are required:
Ability to effectively and systematically trouble-shoot and qualify issues Ability to simply and clearly discuss technical issues with non-technical end users including customers. A good understanding of and ability to troubleshoot MS Windows Operating Systems (XP and 7 mandatory, Vista and 8 is a plus). Knowledge of Apple Macintosh is a plus A good understanding of and ability to troubleshoot Internet Browsers and configurations (Internet Explorer 8,9,10 mandatory. Knowledge of Chrome and Safari is a plus) A basic understanding of networking concepts
The following skills would be considered a plus:
A basic knowledge and recent experience with various anti-virus software, personal firewall or a similar anti-virus suite A basic understanding server architecture would be an advantage
- Clearly document issues and solutions in the ticketing system
- Effectively share information through various methods, such as …:
- Knowledge base documentation
- Training delivery (both classroom & remote)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate; some college/college degree is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years software/hardware help desk and/or front line customer service experience.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Experience working in the Healthcare, Pharmaceutical or Medical Device industry is desireable.
SKILLS REQUIRED: LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Excellent level of English and local language, writing and reading required. Ideally the candidate can speak another European language. The following would be regarded as a plus (Dutch, Italian, German or Spanish or others)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports
- Ability to actively perform both internal and external correspondence.
- Ability to listen and speak effectively.
SKILLS REQUIRED: MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage. Prepare, draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), electronic mail (Microsoft Outlook), record keeping, routine database activity etc. Refer to Technical qualifications section for more detail.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
WORK SCHEDULE / HOURS
Normal work hours are 40 Hours per week
Monday – Friday, shifts between 8am and 6PM
Hours outside these times me be required occasionally. Ample notice will be given if this is required
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities