Senior Practice Optimization Consultant (Cologne or Amsterdam)
Location: Cologne/Germany or Amsterdam/The Netherlands
The Senior Practise Optimization Consultant (POC) is responsible for driving incremental sales, market share and customer loyalty through a consultative sales and support approach within Practices. The POC will be responsible for analyzing the Orthodontic side of the business and finding opportunities for improvement to the overall business. The POC will work cross-functionally to create strategic initiatives within a practice to help the business grow and scale amid changing market dynamics. The POC will work with their respective Sales Team to implement Invisalign in targeted accounts and position Align as a complete, innovative solution for their Orthodontic and Digital Impression needs. The POC will also own the strategic partnership and the development of strategic initiatives.
The POC’s areas of focus in an Orthodontic practice will include; maximizing top line revenue growth, optimizing resources and efficiency, development of systems and processes, increasing profitability and further developing office culture to drive practice growth. Qualified candidates will need to show a successful track record of consulting with businesses, working cross-functionally and effectively leading and training people. The POC will need to have the ability and willingness to travel, including overnight, 50-60% of the time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business Optimization – With the support of a data analyst perform and deliver deep analyses of practices and customer behaviors to identify opportunities for improvement, growth and scale. The POC will be responsible for leading the change management in the practice. Areas of analysis include but are not limited to; cash flow, KPIs, profitability, operational efficiency, customer experience and marketing and referral programs. These assessments and associated recommendations address all aspects of the Orthodontic organization, including culture, people, process, technology and performance metrics. Willingness to challenge SOPs and current business model will be critical to success.
- Builds High-Level Strategic Customer Relationships – Excels at building customer loyalty and multiple relationships within the highest levels of key functional areas in customer organizations; identifies strategic business opportunities within Practices; establishes effective relationships with key customer representatives and employees externally and internally; puts a high priority on both customer and Company interests when making decisions; leads by example and responds quickly and competently to customer issues; continually searches for ways to improve competitive advantage.
- Demonstrates Leadership/Collaborates With Others - Works closely with Business Development Managers/Specialists as well as the sales and marketing team to develop business agreement proposals, implement those agreements, and develop timely responses to all opportunities; provides corporate selling consultation and coaching to field sales managers and territory managers on national accounts when appropriate; acts as liaison between key customer contacts and other functions in the organization including Marketing, Customer and Clinical Service, Logistics and Commercial groups in order to develop appropriate product support, and pricing; influences and shapes the decisions of upper management; provides compelling rationale for ideas; works toward win/win solutions whenever possible.
- Ability to build and nurture business relationships with internal and external customers at executive levels by consultative methods
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge.
- Effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members
- Strong strategic planning and project management skills at the regional and national level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate and advocate
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Remain current on new industry trends, technologies, competitors and place in the market
- Pro-active; high-performance and results orientation
- Ability to attend national tradeshows, sales meetings and conferences as needed
- Occasional weekend travel and meetings
- Ability to consistently work, manage and function with integrity
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel 50-60%, occasional weekends
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and project management skills
- Self-motivated; dedicated
- Ability to handle numerous projects and partners simultaneously
- Able to work independently and make accurate, educated decisions
- Proactive problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 8 years of related work experience; or a master's degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience - degree in business administration or business-related field; MBA a plus
- 5+ years Consulting experience required
- LEAN or Six Sigma certified a plus
- People Management Skills
- Strong skills in developing a business case and knowledge of the financial impact of the proposed initiatives on the client's Profit and Loss statement
- Strong facilitation skills and change management experience
- Ability to articulate trends, client challenges, leading solutions and best practices
- Ability to effectively communicate and present to senior level client executives (E - and C-Level)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Salesforce.com
- Fluency in English and German, fluency in French is an advantage
All applicants who are offered employment with Align Technology will be subject to a background investigation. Offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation conducted in accordance with Align Technology policy and state law.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities