R&D Engineer III – Biomechanics and Mechatronics
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The R&D Engineer III should have exceptional skills with product research and development in the medical device industry. This role will be part of Align Technology goal to deliver our clear aligners (Invisalign®) and 3D scanners (iTero®) to our customers.
The R&D Engineer III will be a key member of the R&D Biomechanical Engineering team. The Product Research Engineer will be the lead engineer responsible for planning, leading and executing projects focusing on new product design and design improvement.
In this role, you will…
- Work independently at a laboratory bench to develop and evaluate new products and solutions and adapt and improve existing ones
- Design product prototypes with biomechanical test models
- Simulate real world conditions and measure outputs using sensors
- Work with software team to utilize force/moment modeling software
- Master complex systems with sound mechanical principles
- Lead development of electro-mechanical systems from conception through product release
- Define procedures to evaluate product performance and conduct bench top testing
- Make sure testing covers efficacy, reliability, verification, and validation
- Perform statistical data analysis and interpretation
- Document test protocols in accordance with FDA regulations
- Collaborate with manager and cross-functional team in creating product and test plans
- Communicate with professionals in the field at all levels and transition information into product improvement
- Lead multiple both product development projects and research projects until product launch
- Conceive new product and technology development plans
- Work in a fast paced environment and meet critical deadlines
- Problem solve issues with attention to detail
- Complete assigned tasks to develop custom orthodontic products
- Creation and evaluation of prototypes, design characterization, produce and maintaining the requisite FDA/ISO documentation
- Duties will also include general engineering support in R&D
In this role, you’ll need …
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Product Research and Development in the medical device industry
- MS. in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering required
- MS. in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering with 3 years of directly related experience
- MS./M.S. in Mechanical Engineering in Mechatronics/Robotics preferred
- Degree in other scientific disciplines considered
- 5+ years of experience with 3-D modeling using SolidWorks
- Proficient with Python, C, C++, Matlab
- Skilled at designing and developing electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in firmware development and standard embedded communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, BLE and NFC) is plus
- Background in board-level analog and mixed-signal circuits and/or embedded systems is plus
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities