Director, Software Development MFG Moscow
The Director of Software Development is leading key transformational software development to drive significant quality, performance and efficiency improvements in our end-to-end manufacturing processes. This is a leadership role where the director shall provide both vision and execution of the vision. It requires a technical foundation in 3D computer science & mathematics as well as very good understanding of our end-to-end manufacturing processes and of human-machine interface issues (UX/UI). It requires an uncanny ability to solve difficult problems, identify out-of-box solutions to difficult process challenges and lead difficult creative projects.
It is a challenging position that requires strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills and ability to lead a cross-functional team of engineers globally located in Russia, USA, and Spain by strongly collaborating with manufacturing engineers and users in different treatment planning and manufacturing sites. The director will oversee teams of software developers and effectively manage the associated projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Functional director of a Global software development team.
• Deliver all Roadmap/Release commitments on time, on scope and with quality.
• Execute software projects requiring 3D computational & UX/UI solutions
• Lead a diverse cross-functional group of mathematicians & computer science engineers into high quality execution
• Serve as an authority on functional and technical issues through management of personnel, both in-house and contract.
• Recruiting efforts and mentorship of software development managers, leads and engineers
• Research current trends and emerging technologies and when appropriate effectively implement them
• Plan project implementations and project manage them to successful completion
Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated Mastery of Software Engineering for Complex Systems
- Demonstrated Mastery of 3D Software Development, including mathematical algorithms
- Demonstrated Mastery of UX/UI Continuous Improvements
- Enabler and Coach of Mature Agile Project Management Practices
- Excellent Understanding of Computer Science & 3D Computational Geometry
- Prior experience in full scale, global Complex Systems implementations
- Exemplary technical and people leadership skills
- Makes effective decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; uses a mixture of analysis, experience, and process to reach conclusions
- Must demonstrate a strong record of accomplishment of delivering results.
- Excellent presentation/oral communication skills.
- Able to travel up to 4 weeks per quarter
Leadership Capabilities - In addition to technical capabilities, at Align Leadership is equally important. The Director should be able to:
- Attract, develop and retain top talent
- Ask, give and receive feedback that motivates employees to perform at their best
- Inspire team environment with an open communication and collaborating culture
- Build trusting partnerships and open communications at all levels in the organization
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Preferably an MS or PhD in Computer Sciences or Mathematics from a leading school or equivalent experience.
- Deep Knowledge and Vision of the Current Evolution of Software Engineering & Technology in the areas of 3D Computational Software & 3D Modeling
- Proven experience with defining and managing customer expectations using independent Development lead or hands-on engineering management roles is a plus.
- Experience in 3D Algorithms Development, Effective Mature Agile Project Management and Customer Facing Web Sites & Technologies
- Experience in UX/UI Improvement Processes
3D CAD/CAM Dental Processes – highly desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities