Senior 3D C++ Software Engineer
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
Align’s Senior 3D C++ Software Engineer will help build our critical manufacturing software. This is where you could be part of a company that uses 20% of the world’s 3D printers. A large part of the role will be developing and providing the architectural foundation for computational geometry algorithm solutions and products. Will be working on issues that may arise during the manufacturing of our clear aligners (Invisalign®). Programming 3D printers and CNC machines.
In this role, you will…
The ideal candidate is currently a C++ Engineer with version 11+ experience, who is able to think outside of the box and solve problems on their own but has 3D software experience.
The Senior 3D C++ Software Engineer will work closely with QA Engineers, product managers, operations, customers and IT, to build high quality products while owning the architectural strategies that define the standard for fabrication development.
- Participate in the entire 3D Manufacturing Software life cycle from concept to release
- Develop and maintain automated CAD/CAM system for medical device mass production
- Evaluate and recommend technologies and tools needed for a high quality and scalable product platform
- Interact with both internal and external key stakeholders to improve the product
- Create numerical geometrical algorithms and implement in C++
In this role, you’ll need …
- BS in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or Physics or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 8+ years in professional software development in C++
- 5+ years of current 3D computational software development (computational mathematics, linear algebra, analytical geometry)
- 5+ Years of experience with one of these technologies: Stereolithography, 3D Printing, CNC Milling, Laser Marking, Laser Trimming, and X-Ray Tomography
- 8+ years of C++11/14 usage
- 5+ years of CAD/CAM/CAE back-end development
- Clear understanding of the importance and application of architecture in 3D applications
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities