Senior Data Architect
Alethix, LLC is looking for a Senior Data Architect for Federal Customer. Alethix LLC provides innovative software engineering, architecture, and IT consulting services to federal customers in the DC Metro area. We create solutions using modern approaches to Agile, DevOps, Security, Big data, and the Cloud.
- Must have experience with designing and building relational databases and develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database.
- Works in a data warehouse environment, which includes data design, database architecture, metadata, and repository creation.
- Translates business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
- Defines, designs, and builds dimensional databases. Develops data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems.
- Evaluates reusability of current data for additional analyses.
- Reviews object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Validate data that is extracted from structured and unstructured data inputs, databases, and other repositories, using scripts and other automated capabilities, logs, and queries.
- Enrich and transform the extracted data, as required.
- Proficiency in data modeling and profiling using tools like informatica data explorer
- Track development and operational support via user stories and decomposed technical tasks in a provided issue tracking software, including GIT, Maven, and JIRA.
- Work with tools like Informatica to import data from RDBMS (Oracle, SQL, Mysql)
Location: Washington DC and/or Arlington, VA
- BS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of correlated experience, or an MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline, and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of related experience
- Must have 10+ years relevant hands-on broad range of skills/experience to serve as a data architect for data transformation efforts.
- 10+ years of experience in a Data Architect
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- 5+ years of experience in any ETL/ELT tool
- Experience working with Data warehouses using Oracle and Postgres databases
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages to build custom ETL scripts: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- 5+ year of experience with Data Profiling
- Must be a US citizen and be able to get a security clearance for DHS.
Nice to Have
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc is a Plus
We are driven by our commitment to our clients and to our employees. If you are looking for a new opportunity, we would love to have you join our team!
Alethix, LLC is a growing company. We are a leading-edge Information Infrastructure Transformation Services company committed to delivering agile and effective solutions by leveraging the latest technology innovations and industry best practices.
Our team leverages decades of past experience across U.S. federal agencies and the commercial sector to deliver practical solutions to meet the business- and mission-critical challenges of our clients.
Every project we undertake is guided by our methodology of success. This proven methodology focuses on understanding our clients’ business needs, developing strategic solutions, incorporating evolving requirements throughout implementation, and delivering quality and cost-effective solutions.
Alethix, LLC uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States. Alethix, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.