Vice President, Sales
Agilysys, Inc. (Nasdaq: AGYS) is an innovative hospitality software development company dedicated to transforming the guest experience by improving the quality of service through technology. Our goal is to be the premier end to end technology solutions provider to hospitality customers. Agilysys operates extensively throughout North America, with additional sales and support offices in the United Kingdom, Singapore and Hong Kong. For more information, visit www.agilysys.com.
We are looking for an experienced Vice President of Sales to join our team. You will be responsible for all revenue generating and ongoing account management activities for the Hotels, Resorts and Cruise (HRC) verticals in the Americas region. As the VP of sales, you will work with internal stakeholders in product management, development, marketing, strategy and services to develop and evolve go to market strategies and activities that will increase market share through new customer acquisition and will expand our technology footprint with existing customers. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Americas.
The ideal candidate has successfully managed a sales organization selling enterprise software in the hospitality industry, both SaaS and On-Premise. The candidate will have experience in conceptual and solution selling, and more importantly, have a track record of creating and leading a high performing sales organization that is metric driven and managed with KPIs. This individual will be a hands on leader, and will remain close to customers and highly engaged in the sales process at the deal level as appropriate. We seek a sales leader that enjoys working in an engaged, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment.
KEY GOALS AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Develop and maintain an effective sales organization that appropriately provides coverage to our entire Serviceable market in the America’s region.
- Create and maintain an aggressive, accountable, high performing sales organization to achieve goals for bookings, revenue, and other strategic goals as set by the company which change from time to time.
- Maintain a trained, educated sales organization relative to our products, services, and the competitive landscape.
- Hire and develop exceptional talent.
- Maintain expenses within the guidelines provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute the strategic plan to achieve sales targets and to grow the customer base.
- Responsible for all aspects of sales process, weekly and monthly reporting on sales forecast, pipeline, and sales activity. Strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
- Establish and communicates weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets in coordination with the SVP of Sales and Marketing, Americas.
- Provide input and influence to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs to motivate the sales organization in alignment with the companies goals.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Bachelor degree required; Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years successfully selling outside software technology (SaaS, etc.)
- Minimum of 7 + years successfully leading software sales teams driving new business.
- Preferred 5 years sales experience in the Hospitality industry.
- Can lead and develop a diverse sales team to close deals.
- Familiar with value-based and insight/challenger selling strategies.
- Proven record of bringing in new business revenue.
- Strong passion for selling technology to enhance a customer’s business.
- Experience creating sales compensation programs and communicating to the team.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving, strong prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Collaborative team player with the confidence and integrity to earn people’s confidence, internally and externally, and put them at ease.
- Be persuasive, persistent, and patient.
- Exceptional at networking, initiating and building relationships.
- Ability to understand and articulate value propositions.
- Ability to analyze the impact of decisions before executing.
- This position requires extensive domestic travel, with some international travel.
- Computer proficient in email, internet, & Microsoft applications.