DevOps ( Application Administrator, SaaS Operations Unix) 1-5 yrs
Agilysys (Nasdaq: AGYS) is a leading technology company that provides innovative point-of-sale, property management, inventory and procurement, workforce management, analytics, document management and mobile and wireless solutions and services to the hospitality industry. The company's solutions and services allow property managers to better connect, interact and transact with their customers by streamlining operations, improving efficiency, increasing guest recruitment and wallet share, and enhancing the guest experience. Agilysys serves four major market sectors: Gaming, both corporate and tribal; Hotels, Resorts and Cruise; Foodservice Management; and Restaurants, Universities, Stadia and Healthcare. Agilysys operates throughout North America, Europe and Asia, with corporate services located in Alpharetta, GA. For more information, visit www.agilysys.com
Agilysys delivers highly-available cloud services for the hospitality industry. We practice Agile methodologies, and our cross-functional teams build strong, collaborative relationships as partners in the delivery of quality solutions. As a senior member of the Agilysys DevOps team, you are responsible for operating SaaS production and pre-production services, and integrating service operations workflow with the product development lifecycle. You will help to guide the day-to-day technical operations of the team. You will continually improve the way we deliver software as a service, by automating infrastructure and operations workflows, continually assessing and improving service performance, and cultivating collaboration across the development and operations lifecycle.
- Service Operations:
- DevOps Service Management: Ensure that the team is managing demand with high urgency and within expected service levels. Monitor the operations ticket queue and manage day-to-day service requests and incidents.
- Configuration Management: Lead and guide a well-defined production systems configuration, and adhere to a disciplined process for introducing change to production systems. Assist in defining DevOps guidelines and standards, and ensure adherence to standards, policies and procedures.
- Infrastructure Automation: Drive the adopton of automation throughout the DevOps lifecycle. Write and improve automation scripts, playbooks, and roles, pushing the boundaries of what automation can do. Perform automation code reviews with the team.
- Instrumentation, Logging, and Monitoring: Evaluate and implement logging and monitoring solutions, including time-series and trending capabilities. Use instrumentation to continually improve service operations.
- Service Reliability and Availability:
- Data Protection: Evaluate and implement backup solutions, considering retention needs and rate of incremental and full backups.
- Disaster Recovery: Maintain failover environments and processes, to meet recovery point and recovery time objectives.
- Audit & Compliance: Maintain processes to meet industry-standard audit & compliance requirements. Experience working in a PCI-certified data center a plus.
- High Availability: Plan, develop, and build high-availability infrastructure solutions. Manage clustered infrastructure services, with load-balancing and proxying technologies.
- Secure Operations
- Perform all work with security best practices and operational concerns in mind.
- Evaluate security patches and updates and determine implementation priorities.
- Familiar with operating File Integrity Management solutions, host and network Intrusion Detection Systems, malware scanning and monitoring.
- Certificate Management: Maintain certificate lifecycles for secure identity management and communications.
- IaaS, Virtualization, and Container Technologies
- Manage Infrastructure-as-a-Service environments: using and updating templates, automation of server spin-up/spin-down, monitoring, and using other IaaS tools.
- Manage Virtual Machines at scale, maintaining server images, automating template updating, automate spin-up and expiration of VMs
- Build and automate new container images. Work with and troubleshoot containers running in a production environment. Ideally have evaluated, configured, or managed a container clustering environment.
- Product Delivery Lifecycle
- Understand version control best practices and workflow using Git.
- Collaborate and maintain relationships with multiple Product Engineering teams.
- Experienced with release management processes to deliver production software.
- Database Administration
- Manage database clusters, data nodes, and configuration nodes.
- Possess understanding of NoSQL databases and how they differ from relational databases.
- Operating Systems: RedHat based distributions with a preference towards CentOS 6/7. Knowledge of disk management and partitioning, using LVM. Linux system troubleshooting. Familiar enough with Windows Server to secure the OS, gather logs, and use infrastructure automation to manage.
- Infrastructure Automation: Ansible (preferred), Chef, Puppet or other automation tools. Scripting knowledge (Bash, Python).
- Systems Configuration management: familiar with systemd and Spacewalk.
- Container Technologies: Docker, Docker Compose, Dockerfiles, Docker Swarm preferred.
- High-Availability Configuration: HAProxy load-balancing. Familiar with different types of clustering solutions, as used by Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, HAProxy.
- Infrastructure as a Service: Azure preferred, or AWS, Google, Rackspace.
- Virtualization: familiar with using VMware ESXi 5.5, vCenter, vCloud. Able to perform basic VM tasks, create, clone, copy, template. Snapshot experience is a plus.
- Application Technology Deployment: Java, Tomcat, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ.
- Logging: familiar with Linux logging, ELK, & Beats.
- Monitoring: familiar with tools such as Icinga, Nagios, and New Relic.
- Networking: Knowledge of IPv4, IPTables.
- Database Administration: MongoDB 3.x
- Tools: familiar with the Atlassian suite: Stash/Bitbucket, Jira, and Confluence.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with team members across the DevOps lifecycle.
- Bring a sense of humor and a friendly, collaborative approach to solving problems.
- Calmly own and resolve unexpected requests that occur.
- Seek out opportunities for continual improvement; take ownership and collaborate with your team to implement.
- Communicate openly and effectively, with team members in DevOps and Product Engineering.
- Discuss your work with team members, ask questions, openly give and receive advice.
- Be disciplined and imaginative in your approach to design and engineering.
- Manage escalations as needed from other members of the DevOps team.