Technical Services Manager - EMEA
At Agilysys, Inc. we are proud of our 3,000+ customers including some of the world’s most recognizable resort, casino and cruise line brands. We specialize in market-leading point-of-sale, property management, inventory and procurement, and mobile and wireless solutions that are designed to streamline operations, improve efficiency, and enhance the guest experience. We serve casinos, resorts, hotels, foodservice venues, stadiums, cruise lines, grocery stores, convenience stores, general and specialty retail businesses, and partners. With extensive operations, throughout North America, APAC and Europe, as well as software development in India, we are growing.
For more information, visit www.agilysys.com
The Technical Services Manager performs onsite installation and training services for implementation of Agilysys software and resold hardware products. The role will primarily operate as an established
Project Lead and/or 2nd lead to a Project Manager and may be positioned to lead portions of a project as part of a project team during an installation engagement. The Technical Services Manager must be able to efficiently manage the planning and communication of assigned project tasks, communicate professionally to co-workers, project stake holders and customers, learn new products and processes quickly, balance multiple priorities, and develop a solid understanding of Agilysys products (hardware and software) in all vertical markets.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with Project Management regarding operational considerations and configuration of systems to support customer requirements. Make recommendations to utilize full advantages of Agilysys product line while maximizing operational efficiencies.
- Identify and manage project scope. Ensure that project documentation is sufficient and clear and concise to ensure that all parties are aware of required project tasks and milestones. Work with Project Management to manage project risks and establish effective communication plan for escalation process; provide solutions for issues resulting in project scope change.
- Gather site requirements, review, and recommend operational design as it pertains to installation preparedness to Project Management. Configure and test system configuration in order to maximize efficiency and provide operational consistency.
- Work with Project Management and Integration Team to ensure all applicable interfaces and integration components are scheduled and tested.
- Prepare training materials and conduct training sessions.
- Live monitor operations by providing end user assistance for the various business cases where the Agilysys product line is implemented.
- Coordinate with the client teams to develop processes, procedures, and documentation to enhance our implementation and training services.
- Develop detailed project documentation upon completion of project to ensure that the Customer Care team has all relevant information to handle support for client going forward.
- Assist with field technical product support, installations and repairs or maintenance tasks of technology products. Resolve customer technical issues and answer question. Record and track system issues and resolutions.
- Monitor EMEA support tickets to ensure SLA’s are meet. Review and track open support cases until closure. Liaise with support teams and utilize escalation processes for EMEA support tickets as required.
- Keep abreast of software releases, new features and functionality.
- Assist Sales Teams with customer and prospect engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in related field and /or work experience in the hospitality and / or technology field(s).
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in system support or implementation for hospitality products.
- Good understanding of business operations and accounting practices.
- Dedication to customer service is a must.
- Great communication skills and be able to communicate in English.
- Great work ethic; will go above and beyond to exceed client expectations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and great team player.
- Must be able to work independently with a high degree of self-initiative.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of standard MS Office products.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changes in project priorities.
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Experience and equal comfort with Linux and Windows command line tools.
- Admin experience for Linux-based AND Windows based systems or web servers.
- Comfort with tools like tailing logs, managing configs, restarting daemons, ssh, grep, vim.
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues at multiple levels – ports, protocols, levels, proxies.
- Experience managing firewalls and/or debugging firewall related issues.
- Can operate at multiple levels, working closely with customers, installers and engineers.
- Excellent communication skills, has war stories of pulling the right people together to get things done.
- A doer, proven track record of jumping in and solving problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Role will require travel 75-90% of the time within EMEA with varying work hours.
- Programming experience in Java or Python.
- Degree or certificate in computer programming or computer science.
- Exposure to / use of document database systems.
- Exposure to / use of application level virtualization.
- Experience with web service delivery in on-premise environments.
- Experience in the Hospitality industry with PMS and/or POS systems.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Conditions may require the Company to modify this job description and the Company reserves the right to exercise its discretion to make such changes.
Agilysys is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State EEO laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regards to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.