Technical Support Representative
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking Technical Support Representatives to join our talented and hard-working SCP-certified Client Support team at Advent's San Francisco office.
Advent’s Technical Support department promotes a client-focused support culture that rewards employees for innovation, professionalism, and personal development. Technical Support has traditionally been the launching pad for long-term careers at Advent that span multiple business units. Advent will provide new Technical Support Representatives with 4+ weeks of extensive and formalized training. Throughout the training period, all candidates are required to pass assessment tests and a final certification as a requirement for continued employment.
- Analyze inquiries from client implementations, migrations and ongoing usage to determine workaround solutions, identify training needs and product defects and communicate such solutions or workarounds to the user.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to support our industry-leading enterprise investment accounting system, Geneva, which services the accounting needs of the most sophisticated clients in hedge fund, fund administration, asset management and prime broker space.
- Work collaboratively with clients, architecture experts, account managers and developers to reconcile trades, P&L and cash balance, and troubleshoot the breaks.
- Leverage expertise in financial management to create and deliver training covering a broad range of accounting instruments, including Fixed Income, Derivatives, Bank Debt, Swaps, and Futures.
- Maintain and create detailed documentation through logging of support cases, e-mail and knowledge base articles for client and internal use. Coordinate with global clients and global staff.
- Provide high level and in-depth accounting expertise by resolving inquiries by phone, e-mail and web, in order to exceed client expectations and meet customer satisfaction goals.
- Leverage Geneva product experience in investment back office performance measurement to understand client reporting requirements, identify breaks between versions, and rationalize development solutions.
- Perform journal entry accounting, conduct troubleshooting and prioritize and manage multiple complex issues involving enterprise investment accounting system, hedge fund, fund administration, asset management and prime broker space.
- Convey client business requirements to senior development resources for escalation.
- Utilize MS Windows, MS Office, Salesforce, Jira and testing environments in the performance of duties to satisfy Advent’s 24x7 Global support model and supply weekend on-call availability as needed.
- 3+ years Geneva product experience, or related experience in investment back or middle office.
- Expertise in journal entry accounting.
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage and exceed clients’ expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team environment.
- Superior troubleshooting and analysis/resolution skills.
- Proven aptitude to learn complex technical and theoretical information quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex issues and adapt to different challenges and changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and convey client business requirements to senior level resources for escalation.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office, system architecture and environments.
- Occasional weekend on-call availability needed to satisfy Advent’s 24x7 Global support model.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Technology or related is required to apply.
If you've got what it takes to be a great Technical Support Representative and want to work on a hardworking, success-oriented and fun team, then apply today.
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) well being. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.