Associate Software Engineer
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of software solutions to the world’s largest Investment Management firms, is looking for diverse, bright, and passionate engineers and product managers eager to join our Associate Development Program in Product Development.
We don’t build products, we solve problems, the complex kind. SS&C Advent is committed to building next generation of our technical leaders through this program. In this program you will receive technical training, introduction to financial industry, professional mentoring and an opportunity to learn together with fellow program participants. You will interact with all levels of the organization including senior leadership. The program is intended to provide a broad exposure to products and technology with access to key resources that drive our products.
- Design, code, and test features for financial applications
- Ensure code quality through extensive unit testing
- Identify and fix defects in existing code
- Participate in code reviews with engineering team
- Execute the software development process using agile practices
- Learn tools and technologies used by the development teams
- Collaborate with product, design, and QA teams
- Receive continuous feedback on your progress and career
Qualifications / Requirements:
- BS degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
- Coding experience in one or more programming languages
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Understanding of object oriented, procedural, and functional programming practices
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly
Desired Individual Characteristics:
- Passion to build world class solutions
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Excellent communication, organizational and multitasking skills
Advent uses the latest open source and commercial technology to solve complex problems including large scale transaction processing, big data analytics, graph search, real time computing and responsive UI design. Our platforms include cloud, UNIX, Windows, Java, Tablet and mobile. If you are talented, driven, like to solve hard problems and want to make a difference, then Advent is the place for you. We believe that career growth is driven by creativity, innovation, and results, not tenure. Let Advent be your next adventure!
Why work for SS&C Advent?
- Commitment to innovation, which is inspired by client and industry needs
- Great Innovation with periodic Hackathons, investment in emerging technologies, global innovation talk sessions, knowledge sharing events organized by technical leadership committee, AI and machine learning projects, etc.
- Consistently investing a healthy percentage of revenue in R&D
- Great Place to Work
- Focus on career development with multiple career paths
- Fun office and off-site events
- Great people to work with
- SS&C is ranked #10 on Fortune's list of top 100 fastest growing companies in 2019. Check out here: https://fortune.com/100-fastest-growing-companies/2019/
- Experience and Stability
- 30+ years of successfully providing mission-critical, reliable, trusted solutions to investment management organizations of all sizes
- 4,500 clients worldwide with over $16 trillion managed with our systems
- Global Opportunities
- Offices in multiple countries and locations https://www.ssctech.com/about-us/offices
- Advent has local presence on four continents, supporting clients all over the world
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) wellbeing. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. SS&C Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to SS&C Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls please.