Sales Development Representative
Sales Development Representative (SDR)
SS&C Advent is a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry. In 2019, we were named to the Top 10 of Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. We are looking for a high energy and dynamic individual to join our growing team as a Sales Development Representative.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will play a key role in generating new business opportunities for SS&C Advent. This role will be responsible for servicing inbound and outbound sales and other related inquiries with a focus on engaging and qualifying all prospective customers. This role is one of the first touch points for prospects and has the opportunity to set the tone for the sales cycle.
In this position, you’ll manage the lead lifecycle from initial inquiry to qualification and transition to the Sales Team. The ideal candidate is highly driven, results-oriented, enthusiastic to learn about the financial industry, coachable, and ambitious.
- Qualify and pass inbound leads by responding to phone calls and web-form submissions in a timely manner
- Make daily outbound calls to identify new prospects and generate high-quality opportunities for SS&C Advent’s larger sales organization
- Understand and record the technological challenges and business needs of our clients and prospects through active listening and effective questioning
- Provide qualified opportunities to field/client sales organizations to further account development
- Research pertinent prospect information using multiple sources and input data into CRM, making updates as new interactions occur and more information is gathered
- Understand the products offered SS&C Advent’s larger product portfolio and regularly enhance said knowledge through self-study and scheduled trainings
- Complies with established Sales Development processes and procedures and quickly adopts net-new ones as required
- Maintain strong working relationships across multiple teams, across different departments, and across different regions
- Shadow calls and product demos with Sales Representatives and Solutions Consultants to better understand SS&C Advent’s full sales lifecycle
- Financial Services or Software industry (SaaS) experience preferred
- A strong curiosity and passion to learn more about the financial services industry
- Comfortable speaking to Sr. Level decision makers
- Self-motivated, team player that has a positive can-do attitude
- Able to receive and implement coaching and feedback to apply best practices
- Enthusiasm and interest in pursuing career in Sales, Marketing, or Channel or Relationship Management
- Ability to form relationships with prospects and customers through strong interpersonal skills
- Detailed-oriented and has excellent written and verbal communication skills as well strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects
- Skilled listener who can understand and empathize with customer and prospect needs and respond accordingly
- Experience with Salesforce preferred but not required
- BA/BS required
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Progressive training opportunities and wellness programs that empower the larger wellbeing of our employees (physical, financial, social, and community)
- Having high impact on a world-class sales organization and gaining exposure to leaders within the financial industry
- Becoming part of a mission-driven team that loves to constantly learn and improve
If you've got what it takes to be a great Sales Development Representative and want to work on a hardworking, success-oriented and fun team, then apply today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls please.