Director of IT Operations
The Director of IT Operations will help build and lead a team of IT operations experts located in our Jacksonville office. This team will share responsibility with the larger cloud platform organization supporting our global SaaS solution. The Director provides strategic direction, problem resolution management, resource management, implementation and maintenance of these systems in a client-centric manner. Responsible for monitoring and management of the services and systems, disaster recovery services, IT Service Management functions, and the processes and resources associated to ensure a very high degree of availability and stability.
• Recruit and build a top-performing infrastructure team in our Jacksonville office.
• Manage staff in an effective manner (hiring, motivation, retention, performance/rewards assessments, development/corrective actions, etc.)
• Establish departmental metrics/goals and objectives; report department accomplishments and plans on a regular basis
• Ensure compliance with all security requirements associated with system implementation and ongoing support. Ensure alignment with activities and requirements associated with the CISO Security program.
• Organize & control the planning, deployment, and maintenance of our SaaS platform with the larger IT organization.
• Partner with development leadership to ensure proposed technical solutions align with the company’s overall product objectives. Ensures that both groups enable and drive each other to meet the needs of the product’s mission and vision.
Experience as an IT Infrastructure Manager and/or IT Operations Director or above for 5-10 years.
Demonstrated excellence and depth in best practices for managing the availability, performance, and scale of IT systems at an enterprise (mid to large) level.
Significant experience with one or more IT engineering disciplines: Storage, databases (SQL Server), Virtualization / Server Hardware, Operating systems (Windows Server, Linux, Unix), Networking.
Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of varying software systems: web, cloud, client/server architectures, and their associated compatibility and scalability requirements.
Experience with data-center service providers in a Managed Service and/or Co-Location arrangement.
Excellent leadership, mentorship, negotiation, and organization change management skills. Awareness of industry practices for security such as HIPAA or PCI.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent engineering discipline.