Senior Systems Engineer - Platform, Black Diamond
Join the company ranked #1 on the list of Best Places to Work in Jacksonville. SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer - Platform for our team in Jacksonville.
The Senior Systems Engineer - Platform is a member of the team responsible for the company's SaaS IT operating environment. This includes data centers, hardware, software, and supporting internal and external services.
In the role you will:
- Support highly available 24/7 production SaaS applications by monitoring, diagnosing, and resolving issues, configuring and installing custom-developed and third-party applications
- Write and maintain custom automation to increase system efficiency, quality, and reduce human intervention on any task
- Work closely with the Development team during the application development process
- Work with team members on project tasks derived from release requirements
- Identify and recommend options for improving performance, maintainability, and operability
- Participate in the engineering, planning, upgrade and maintenance of the hosted Infrastructure
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and perform after-hour maintenance. Don’t worry, this requirement is applied professionally with respect to work-life balance
- A great attitude and drive to produce high-quality work
- Professional, responsive, and able to exercise sound judgment
- A minimum of 5 years of IT experience
- Skilled in scripting and automation (PowerShell, Unix Shell, Python, or Ruby)
- Experience with configuration management solutions (DSC, Puppet, or Ansible)
- Skilled in troubleshooting issues throughout the entire infrastructure stack
- Excellent understanding of server operating systems (Windows, Red Hat, or CentOS)
- Proficiency with database technologies (MSSQL, MongoDB, Neo4j, or ElasticSearch)
- Solid understanding of proper communication and collaboration involving changes, issues, and process
- Experience working in an environment where availability, scalability, security, compliance, process, change management, and documentation are operating imperatives
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
- Familiarity with common frameworks, languages, and server technologies used to develop large-scale applications
- Experience designing and supporting highly available application infrastructure
- Experience with modern software development methodologies and processes (think continuous integration, version control systems, automated application deployment, etc.)
- Experience building and orchestrating containerized workloads (Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code methodologies and tooling (i.e. Terraform)
- Experience with JIRA or equivalent issue tracking systems
- Exposure to VMware or comparable in the data center
- Knowledge of networking concepts and services with the ability to troubleshoot (DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSL, TLS, SFTP, routing, switching, firewalls)
- Experience and comfort with hosted/cloud-based solutions
- Knowledge and experience in the administration and operations of large-scale distributed computing environments;
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in computer-related fields, technical certifications related to responsibilities, or equivalent professional experience
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) well-being. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and a deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. Plus, a Global Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy, providing the freedom and flexibility to take the time off that you need - when you need it. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls please.