Senior Technical Product Manager
Want to work in a dynamic environment at the intersection of Wall Street and Technology? SS&C Advent Software, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a Senior Business Analyst in San Francisco.
Be a key contributor to the development of Genesis, a complex cloud enterprise application with a large
- Develop detailed product requirements and specifications for Genesis, our SaaS enterprise trading application.
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers in multiple disciplines to drive the development and delivery of features and workflows. Collaborate with designers to design cutting edge, user-centric, functional software. Collaborate with software engineers in the implementation of proposed architectures and software designs. Collaborate with Advent Quality Assurance to develop test plans and ensure test coverage. Collaborate with technical writers to develop first-class documentation, help, and case studies. Collaborate with services and sales to help drive customer success.
- Represent the product team within SS&C Advent with respect to product features, demonstrations, issue resolution, and design validation activities.
- Must have a strong understanding of clients’ needs and satisfaction issues. Develop product strategies that will improve client satisfaction.
- Develop good relationships with clients by helping them to be successful with the product. Develop client references. Help the development team get access to client feedback and information.
- Develop a strong understanding of Advent’s sales, implementation, and support processes for this product. Document issues and promote actions to make us more effective and efficient.
- Resolve escalated support incidents and manage issue tracking for the product.
- Provide project management and status reporting for specific product releases or beta programs.
- Provide general technical guidance and mentoring to other engineers on the team.
- Train Advent engineers, other employees, and clients on the product designs and implementations.
- 3-5 years of previous experience in enterprise software development is required. 5+ years preferred.
- Strong experience and passion for designing software are required.
- Strong analytical skills and technical proficiency are required.
- Experience with the software product lifecycle is required.
- Experience with financial services, investment management, and reporting software.
- Understanding of fixed income and derivatives is preferred.
- Experience with cloud-based applications is preferred.
- Experience with agile development practices is preferred.
- Experience working directly with clients is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) wellbeing. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. SS&C Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to SS&C Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent Software is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls please.