DevOps Data Engineer, Black Diamond
Join the company ranked #1 on the list of Best Places to Work in Jacksonville. SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a DevOps Data Engineer for our team in Jacksonville.
The DevOps Data Engineer is responsible for working with the Black Diamond Infrastructure and Product Development teams to streamline the delivery of all data-related product functions. This position will be responsible for participating in both infrastructure projects related to the monitoring and continuous improvement of a wide-ranging data platform, as well as working with the development teams to provide better ways to improve code and product quality for the data layer.
- With direction from the Data Services Manager, design, implement and support databases across a number of platforms underlying Black Diamond’s enterprise business applications, including MS SQL Server, MongoDB and ElasticSearch.
- Maintain expertise in MS SQL Server DBMS, logical and physical database design best practices. Manage monitoring / capacity management processes to ensure appropriate scale of growth.
- Design and maintain automation processes for managing the various data platforms.
- Design and maintain deployment pipelines for any data platform changes.
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments, features and functions and incorporating new objects and functions in SSIS Packages.
- Participate in a continuous improvement environment, partnering with the application development teams throughout the lifecycle of the products, including design, data models and application code to ensure optimal performance and client experience.
- Provide support for Black Diamond’s business systems to maintain the availability and integrity of data during and outside of normal working hours.
- Perform scheduled maintenance outside of normal working hours.
- Maintain Black Diamond’s internal control standards, SDLC and departmental procedures including timely implementation of project work.
- A great attitude and drive to produce high quality work.
- Professional, responsive, and able to exercise sound judgement.
- Strong experience managing data platforms in a software development lifecycle with continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Strong experience in managing SQL Server in a production environment for a SaaS platform.
- Experience in managing additional database technologies, such as MongoDB, MemSQL, ElasticSearch, or Neo4j.
- Strong experience in tuning SQL queries, as well as coaching others on tuning techniques.
- Experience deploying database changes and updates using pipeline tools such as Jenkins and Octopus Deploy.
- Experience using Git version control.
- Skilled in scripting and automation, especially with PowerShell.
- Experience troubleshooting complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces.
- Experience writing and troubleshooting .NET solutions.
- Experience working closely with development teams to remediate existing technical debt, as well as partner on new solutions.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and adapt easily to new technologies and ideas.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working in an environment where availability, scalability, security, compliance, change management, documentation, and knowledge sharing are operating imperatives.
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job