Senior Data Engineer, Black Diamond
Join the company ranked #1 on the list of Best Places to Work in Jacksonville. SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a Senior Data Engineer for our team in Jacksonville.
Do you enjoy working within a well-funded environment making use of modern technology? Do you value being a member of a tech team comprised of top talent invested in your success? As a Senior Data Engineer you must be responsive, have a desire to grow, deliver high-quality work, and be able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for working with the Black Diamond Infrastructure and Product Development teams to streamline the delivery of all data-related product functions. This position will be responsible for participating in both infrastructure projects related to the monitoring and continuous improvement of a wide-ranging data platform, as well as working with the development teams to provide better ways to improve code and product quality for the data layer.
With direction from the Data Services Manager, design, implement and automate support for databases across a number of platforms underlying Black Diamond’s enterprise business applications, including MS SQL Server and MongoDB
- Design and maintain automation processes for managing the various data platforms.
- Design and maintain deployment pipelines for any data platform changes.
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments, features and functions and incorporating new objects and functions in SSIS Packages.
- Participate in a continuous improvement environment, partnering with the application development teams throughout the lifecycle of the products, including design, data models and application code to ensure optimal performance and client experience.
- Maintain Black Diamond’s internal control standards, SDLC and departmental procedures including timely implementation of project work.
- A great attitude and drive to produce high-quality work.
- Professional, responsive, and able to exercise sound judgement.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a backend developer or engineer in a software development lifecycle with continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience with Powershell in such an environment is a significant plus.
- Experience deploying code using pipeline tools such as Jenkins and Octopus Deploy.
- Experience using Git version control.
- Experience writing and troubleshooting .NET solutions.
- Experience working closely with development teams to remediate existing technical debt, as well as partner on new solutions.
- Experience in writing SQL queries. Expertise in tuning SQL queries is a plus
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and adapt easily to new technologies and ideas.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working in an environment where availability, scalability, security, compliance, change management, documentation, and knowledge sharing are operating imperatives.
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done