Technical Product Manager
Technical Product Manager plays a critical role throughout the development life cycle. The individual must translate business requirements into functional specifications working closely with clients, prospects and internal stakeholders. Technical Product Manager is responsible for guiding features through the development process working directly with developers and QA on design, scope, quality, bug remediation, and prioritization of work.
- Develop and maintain deep technical expertise of highly-configurable Geneva platform and how its used by our clients (internal and external).
- Validate requirements with clients and internal stakeholders, and in turn, drive design and scoping process.
- Work with clients on bugs and enhancements requests to validate, provide workaround and manage delivery of the code fix.
- Lead cross-functional implementation team (developers, quality assurance engineers, technical writers) through all phases of the development process to successfully deliver on commitments.
- Be an advocate for clients in design and implementation discussions.
- Identify, author and prioritize user stories including detailed description of expected behavior for proposed product changes.
- Determine high-level acceptance criteria to feed into the QA process; validate features to check for completeness and accuracy.
- Work with Support and Services teams to provide technical assistance to get escalated incidents to fast and effective resolution.
- Apply strong troubleshooting and analytical skills to resolve high-impact high-complexity challenges
- Collaborate across time zones with geographically diverse teams.
- 2+ years experience as a Product Manager or Business Analyst or equivalent is required.
- Good understanding of the software development cycle is required. Experience with Agile development methodologies is highly preferred.
- Project management skills with strong focus on ability to stay organized, manage time effectively while multi-tasking and attention to detail are essential to be successful in this role.
- Prior working experience with Linux and/or willingness to learn basics of working in Linux is required.
- Prior working experience in Financial industry and interest in learning the business domain is highly desired.
Technical Product Manager is the de facto leader of development team and plays a critical role in taking an idea from inception to completion to successful adoption by clients; allowing plenty of opportunities to develop your skills across the spectrum. If all of this sounds exciting to you and you've got what it takes to rock this role, then we want to hear from you - apply today!
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) wellbeing. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance. Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.Please apply directly to Advent.