User Experience Designer
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is looking for a User Experience Designer to join our team in San Francisco. This role is part of the team focused on building the next generation of SS&C Advent’s award-winning Geneva portfolio management and accounting platform.
- Create user experience design deliverables such as conceptual frameworks, wireframes, information architecture diagrams, prototypes, requirements specifications, and design guidelines
- Plan, prioritize, coordinate, and conduct user research, requirements analysis, task analysis, and usability testing
- Create user models such as personas, scenarios, user stories, and storyboards to facilitate the design process
- Effectively communicate research findings, user models, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale verbally, visually, and in writing
- Manage your design process, drive decisions, track issues, estimate work, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, business analysts and software developers
- Partner with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented as envisioned
- At least three years of user interface design experience, preferably for complex enterprise software
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to web and tablet-based applications
- Strong proficiency in Sketch using centrally managed libraries
- Experience solving design problems while balancing the business and technology needs of cross-functional teams
- Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction or related design or behavioral science discipline
- Experience designing for/working in the accounting or financial services industry or designing for other complex business-to-business industries
- Experience supporting customer research
- Working familiarity with JIRA or similar tools
- Experience creating interactive prototypes using HTML/CSS, InVision, or other prototyping tool
- Knowledge of modern HTML5 frameworks and component libraries such as Angular, React, Node, Kendo, and DevExpress
- Experience designing and documenting components or patterns as a part of a larger design system
- Experience working in a team-oriented, agile environment
- Working knowledge of accessibility standards and best practices
- Good understanding of responsive design and current design patterns/guidelines for both mobile and web, with ability to create a coherent cross-device experience
- Experience with Figma, Adobe Xd and/or other design software.
If you're passionate about doing great UX design, and want to work on a hardworking, success-oriented and fun team, then apply today.
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) well-being. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls please.