DevOps Engineer, Black Diamond
Do you enjoy working within a well-funded environment making use of modern technology? Is a company that supports continuing education and career development important to you? Do you value being a member of a technology team comprised of top talent invested in your success? Do you have high standards in all that you do? If so, the Black Diamond Infrastructure team may be right for you. We feel it’s important to promote a client-focused culture that rewards employees for innovation, professionalism, and personal development. As a DevOps /Systems Engineer you must be responsive, have a desire to grow, deliver high quality work, and be able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will work within the Infrastructure team and very closely with the development team. This role is based in our Jacksonville, FL office.
The DevOps / Systems Engineer is a member of the team responsible for the company's SaaS IT operating environment. This includes data centers, hardware, software, and supporting internal and external services.
In the role you will
- Support highly available 24/7 production SaaS applications by monitoring, diagnosing and resolving issues, configuring and installing custom-developed and third-party applications
- Write and maintain custom automation to increase system efficiency, quality, and reduce human intervention on any task
- Work closely with the Development team during the application development process
- Work with team members on project tasks derived from release requirements
- Identify and recommend options for improving performance, maintainability and operability
- Participate in the engineering, planning, upgrade and maintenance of the hosted Infrastructure
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and perform after-hour maintenance. Don’t worry, this requirement is applied professionally with respect to work life balance
- A great attitude and drive to produce high quality work
- Professional, responsive, and able to exercise sound judgement
- A minimum of 3 years IT experience as a systems engineer, developer, or combination
- Skilled in scripting and automation (PowerShell, Unix Shell, Python, Ruby)
- Experience with configuration management solutions (DSC, Puppet, Ansible)
- Skilled in troubleshooting issues throughout the entire infrastructure stack
- Solid understanding of server operating systems (Windows, Red Hat, CentOS)
- Exposure to database technologies (MSSQL, MongoDB, Neo4j, ElasticSearch)
- Solid understanding of proper communication and collaboration involving changes, issues, and process
- Experience working in an environment where availability, scalability, security, compliance, process, change management, and documentation are operating imperatives
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
- Familiarity with common frameworks, languages and server technologies used to develop large-scale applications
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience designing and supporting highly available application infrastructure
- Experience with modern software development methodologies and processes (think continuous integration, version control systems, automated application deployment, etc.)
- Experience building and orchestrating containerized workloads (Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code methodologies and tooling (i.e. Terraform)
- Experience with JIRA or equivalent issue tracking systems
- Exposure to VMware or comparable in the data center
- Knowledge of networking concepts and services with ability to troubleshoot (DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSL, TLS, SFTP, routing, switching, firewalls)
- Experience and comfort with hosted/cloud based solutions
- Knowledge and experience in the administration and operations of large-scale distributed computing environments;
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in computer related fields, technical certifications related to responsibilities, or equivalent professional experience
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) well-being. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls please.