Application Support Specialist - Powershell
SS&C Advent, the world's leading provider of automated solutions for investment professionals is seeking an experienced and talented Application/System Administrator. Work on a dynamic team of system experts supporting SS&C Advent online operations. SS&C Advent supports various proprietary applications using a combination of VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, and proprietary products. This opening is an opportunity for an Application Administrator to work with enterprise level technologies including Active Directory, SQL Server, storage area networks, virtualization, and advanced Microsoft tools.
- Implement, patch, and maintain SS&C Advent’s suite of products for Advent OutSource (SS&C Advent’s SaaS offering) environments
- Support application availability and performance
- Support automation scripts in batch and powershell
- Act as an escalation point for SS&C Advent Support in regards to the AOS environments
- Manage and work application team ticket queue
- Work with peers to troubleshoot application, OS, database and network related issues
- Identify, document, automate and optimize maintenance tasks where needed.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience supporting Windows servers in an enterprise environment
- Understanding and working knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system technologies
- Experience with SS&C Advent products a plus
- Knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and GPO management
- Knowledge of SQL Server and T-SQL
- Experience working with enterprise applications (CRM, HR, Finance systems)
- Experience with troubleshooting of common Windows-related protocols, e.g. Kerberos, NTLM, DNS, LDAP/S, Global Catalog
- Experience supporting a complex end user environment(s)
- Microsoft and Citrix certifications a plus
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Team player. Recognizes the bigger picture and understands the value of teamwork.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- MS Certified preferred
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) wellbeing. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. SS&C Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to SS&C Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to SS&C Advent. No phone calls please.