Senior Technical Writer
Job Opening: Senior Technical Writer
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a technical writer to join our STC-award-winning team in San Francisco.
Are you a multi-faceted technical writer with a track record for delivering on-time, high-quality work for multiple projects? Looking to flex your information design muscles on complex financial applications? Want to work with a supportive and collaborative team that’s passionate about user experience and quality content?
At SS&C Advent, you can be part of a quickly-evolving industry at the intersection of finance and technology, creating and designing content for rich and complex financial software applications. We offer challenging and meaningful work, and we are committed to a healthy work-life balance and a culture that emphasizes teamwork.
Our ideal candidate loves wrangling complexity into simplicity. You’re a great communicator and collaborator. Your natural curiosity about technical communication and your workplace motivates you to innovate content, processes, and teams. You thrive on variety and are adept at learning new technologies and processes.
What You’ll Do:
- Successfully complete our in-depth product training and certification course.
- Create clear and accurate content in different media for different user types: help, end user guides, release notes, system admin guides, API guides, quick start guides, web content, and in-app user assistance.
- Build relationships with business analysts, software engineers, product managers, interaction designers, and support reps while you research and develop technical content that serves our users.
- Actively participate in agile development team meetings and represent the interests of our customers and the technical communication team.
- Collaborate with other writers on large products, and drive the technical content strategy for your own smaller products.
- Help our team excel by developing your interest and becoming a resource for a content creation tool, data analytics, social media, graphics, editing, or another tech writing passion that grows your career, our team, and our customer’s satisfaction.
- 3 or more years of experience creating clear and concise end-user technical documentation for complex software applications and workflows for a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of Adobe RoboHelp and FrameMaker (or similar help and doc authoring tools) and graphics capture/editing applications
- BA/BS degree in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, Finance, Math, or other relevant professional experience
- A portfolio of excellent and elegant technical writing samples
- Experience with financial services, accounting, or data integration applications
- Knowledge of HTML, SQL, Git, AppCues, Jira, Salesforce Knowledge
- Experience working in agile development environments
At SS&C Advent, you’ll find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) well-being. Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.